URGENT HELP VARIABLE

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:17 am

Do you actualy plan to use a textbox? (besides that On text changed works flawless)

I read this "When we move , and the GPS detects a new street , the text of the variable becomes the name of the new street, for example "Main Street 2""

Till there it is about a changing string, and when the string changed an action is required.

I used a list to simulate a changing string. It does not matter how the string is changing, the principle is the same.

Write previous state of the string in a variable. Compare to the current string. If they are different, do the action & set the previous state of the string to the current state. I think that is pretty clear in the example, no ?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Thank you very much , I've got to make it work but with some flaws . The geolocalizacion plugin does not detect an exact position . When I add the following: Set location EveryXsecond ------ Doing this shows our current position by latitude and longitude, but the latitude and longitude varies every second and never leaves an exact figure.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you very much.
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:53 pm

Lets meet halfway.
You provide a CapX with 2 things :
A changing string variable & and a function that does some action.

I will alter it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:47 am

I am preparing a capx for you to see my project and can help me. Thank you
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:08 am

Here I leave my project : https://www.sendspace.com/file/j74y6s
In the project and including the capx and plugins I use.

What I need is the following:

When the player moves and change its location , you must run an action . The action is as follows:

Create a new Marker ( For example Marker2 ) in a position close to the main Marker, but not the exact position if a slightly longer or shorter distance , so that the player has to move to get a new location for JOINING the " Marker2 " .

Do you think it will be able to help me do you think ?

Greetings , thank you.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Any ideas to help me? Thank you
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:14 pm

That was not the deal. You take care of the action. And i am not gooing to run arround (finding pokemons @ the same time) to debug this.

This is in the scope of the deal:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/42vd8m95akiyo ... .capx?dl=0

2 comments.

1/ Earth moves, satelites move. Even if you stand still, there will be little changes in the position. You need to define some treshhold.

2/ I suppose that marker must be placed on the road, not on private terrain (where they shoot as they please). That is not that easy to do. You must draw a circle. And where it hits the road in the right direction, there could be the place to place that marker. In this country even that is impossible, due sinuous roads with a lot of ramification.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:05 pm

Many thanks! Adding one more option to the project I got what I was looking for .
Even I can not give many details about the project but I would like to include you in the credits as a collaborator.

A saluod and thanks again !
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:25 pm

Not needed amariscal. I dont think that much of myself.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General