[Urgent] What is the best option?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:39 am

Hello guyz, I have a game that has houses and I am having difficulties in choosing which is the best option to put it in Construct 2 that will be balanced in performance & graphics:

Option1: House that has separated parts and recycled also in other houses since parts of House 1 is also included in House 2, 3 & 4 and varities of colours.
Pros: High in quality, Reduced Download Size & Memory efficient
Cons: x2 or more in CPU Usage

Option2: Houses that are made separately by Image. So, 1 image per house and varities of colors.
Pros: Low CPU Usage and highly increases performance.
Cons: Big Download Size, Blurry compared to Option1 (Not great quality), Memory less efficient than option1.

Option3: Spriter (Highperformance Mode (Spritesheet version)) . I haven't tried it on the houses but what do you think?
Pros: Memory efficient because of spritesheet , CPU efficient, Download size efficient, High Quality as Option1.
Cons: Spriter loads all images in one go since it is in spritesheet but depending on the method, Slow Initialization(might take a while to load), risky and requires a longer time to arrange.

Guys what do you think? Thanks.
Last edited by chadorireborn on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:03 pm

@Ashley can you help me pls? I am making a game for mobile and can't decide for myself. I need some expert advice. Thanks in advance.

@zenox98 ?
@kyatric ?
@blackhornet ?
@SoldjahBoy ?
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Option 1
There's no real increase of cpu, unless they are moving.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:24 pm

@newt - Thank you very much for replying. You saved my schedule. That's what I think before but the debugger has a different opinion. This decision made me delay my project for 3 days.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Option 1 sounds like what we describe in remember not to waste your memory, so go for that.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Thanks a lot, now I'm convinced.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General