"Us." - an anthology on relations

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:27 pm

AceWay wrote:I really like the idea of that game and I see a lot of potential in it. Also, I found the game really calming to me.
I'm looking forward to your next weekly stuff!

Thanks!

Have been kinda busy this week and haven't been able to work much, so I went an idea that feels pretty simple but I hope I'll execute well, called closeness. Here's a gameplay gif:
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:21 pm

So yeah, it was a busy week and I only finished it now... but here's last week's game, tell me what you think!

https://alcex.itch.io/us

B
S

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:52 am

Finished writing a postmortem on closeness! It's interesting though, I ended up concluding that it being simple was a good and bad thing. Why you ask? You can read about it here.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:49 am

I liked it. It's simple yet hard at the same time. Almost like friendship. :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to say that I failed at my 3rd weekly game for "Us." :/ To be honest, I still had some slim hopes of finishing it today or tomorrow, but in the end I decided it would be best to leave it. What happened? Well, two things mainly:

- I had a couple of other important obligations for the week, and I ambitiously thought that I would have time to fulfill these and make a game.
- The game idea I chose to do (compatibility) turned out to be much more complex than I anticipated.[/list]

I did start on the game, but really, if I didn't stop it now it would have eaten into the time of this week's game, which wasn't ideal either. I doesn't mean I have given up on the idea though! I think it's a pretty good concept, so I'll get around to in in February. Now though it's time for the 4th game... directions.
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:13 am

So, I just finished teaming. Wait, wasn't I making a game called directions?

Yep... but I failed. I tried to make something simpler, but I failed at that too... Really, I could talk about what went wrong, but there isn't anything more to say than "an interesting idea + a busy week = failure".It's incomplete, but you can play what I made here.

It's pretty lame ending though: out of the 4 games I wanted to make in January, I only made two, failed at one, and couldn't finish the last one... If anything, I'm going to be giving compatibility another go in February, and if that goes well I might try finishing directions properly. Ah well... I did learn something though, and I'm glad for that. Let's hope what I learned here will be useful in the future!
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Hey people!
It's been a while, but as I mentioned some point (I think) here's the final project file! It's a bit messy (and it has leftovers from the game that failed), but I hope it's of use to someone.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/907 ... final.capx

I'm currently working on an article where I talk about thoughts and experiences left by these games, will post it here when it's done!
B
S

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests