Use keyboard to move events in eventsheets

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi.

I would love to see an easy option of moving events, groups around in your event sheet, with a keyboard kombination in stead of having to drag and drop with the mouse.

One cool thing would be to hold shift + alt down and then be able to move the events in and out, up and down using the arrow keys.

That would make reorganizing your eventsheets so much easier.
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:49 pm

I'd find that really useful too, as well as a left/right option for managing event indentation because this sometimes sucks with drag and drop.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:30 am

Im going to agree.

I either suck with the drag and drop, or it simply does not work as intended most of the time.
-----------

I find myself trying to drag things as sub events, and they won't go where I want.
Or Trying to move one event above another, and it wont let me put it there because it tries to become a sub event.
simply moving the order of events around is a hassle
Sometimes I want an to rearrange a group, but things will become unintended subevents. Or things refuse to be subevents. Some items simply refuse to cooperate!

I shouldn't have to battle my events for 10+ minutes simply because I realized something works better under a different group. or should be added to a subevent.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:26 pm

This is the most annoying thing about the user interface. I hope this will be fixed for Construct 3. Keyboard shortcuts for moving events up/down and left/right (indentation) might work well.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General