..use webstore specifically

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:22 pm

No worries. Glad you're getting there.

Here's a fixed version of your capx. I've commented new additions.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/666574/save%20values%20trouble.capx

Also, can't remember which layout it was - in game, or load - you had the Goto Layout before your code to reset the PlayedBeforeVar, so the reset was never going to work because it would jump to the new layout first.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:28 pm

As for merging... you mean the condition you drag, drags it into another condition box?

Drag from the left of the condition (there's a small blank square before the condition text). This will allow you drag actual events. At least that's what your problem sounds like.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm back at it today and yea @procrastinator i figured the merge/drag issue out.. it was subtle, but now i see how to drag without merging. Awesome!

Now back to getting values to save.. so close! part12studios2013-01-04 19:48:04
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:46 pm

OK! Got it. I see how to save and call data.. one thing that confused me (simply expecting it to be more user friendly) is when entering things like

"set variable to yourVariable.LocalValue("PlayedAlready")

why isn't there some intellisensing going on in this area? its smart enough to drop down when i reach .LocalValue am i missing something here? It would have just been easier to realize this area is in fact designed for strings of data.. not just a number (default is 0)

thank you everyone for your help! i'm now able to do things like make a reset local data button to help test things.. my mind = wrapped around this =D

Sincerely,
Caleb
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 pm

I wish it had intelligent auto-complete but there's always the expressions window that pops up when you're entering values. Double-click on your webstorage object and it shows all the available expressions.
https://www.scirra.com/manual/59/expressions-panel
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 am

yea i was able to fix it in the latest version.. and able to reset the local data so i could blank it out.

thanks for showing the fixed version of it! Great to compare approaches to this solution.

I didn't realize i could do comments and groups either. Nice incidental lesson :)

thanks!
Caleb
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?