Usermedia Text to Speech long text 'is speaking' never ends

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Problem Description

I am using the UserMedia to do text-to-speech to read out the game as part of an accessibility jam. It works fine for short pieces of text but when I put in a longer text to be spoken it speaks it, but never seems to release. I use the 'Is Speaking' property to do other things but that flag never gets turned off during long text. I added a red 'speaking' sprite to indicate when 'Is Speaking' is on or off. It never turns off after the first text is read.

Attach a Capx

Uploaded!

Description of Capx

Has a text object with a large amount of text and 4 text 'buttons' below. When you click on them they should use the text to speech and read out their text contents.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• click one of the buttons, it reads and a red square is visible while talking.
    • click the large text box, it reads but the red square never goes away after it's finished speaking.

Observed Result

Notice the red sprite in the top left stays on after reading the large amount of text.

Expected Result

The red sprite in the top left should disappear when the text has been read.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 U1

Construct 2 Version ID

R168 64bit Steam

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've looked at this and can reproduce it in Chrome, but our code is correct - Chrome itself is indicating that the voice is still speaking when it is not. Closing as won't fix, I'd recommend reporting this to Google.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)