Users Choice Final Poll

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:10 am

Allow me to be the party pooper by pointing out that something in the poll stinks.

A certain, in my opinion pretty subpar entry had almost no votes the first day and now suddenly gained an overwhelming advantage over brilliant games.

I wouldn't be surprised if there has been a major surge of new accounts that contributed nothing but voted. So much for "users" choice.

This trophy will have a permanent stigma attached to it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:41 am

I guess like Tom said this has been a learning experience so we can expect better security measures and such in the future.

A simple one that has been mentioned would be to have rep limits for voting, etc. This way asking friends and such to register and vote would have little effect.

Anyhow, hopefully we get another compo soon.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:44 am

That will be great to see who votes for who, and then kill'em all.
: )

B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:48 am

Rep voting is a good idea. Just for everyone's information some users in this competition have been actively and successfully promoting their game via Twitter/Facebook/Email to gain votes etc which is OK.

I am monitoring the fairness of this poll as best I can. Future competitions will be run slightly differently.Tom2011-11-04 11:49:14
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:33 pm

For the record, I had already voted early yesterday. But I did notice that each time I checked the site I could always vote again. Not change my vote, mind you, but actually vote a second time.

Since then (yesterday), it appears as if that glitch has been fixed, as I don't have the option of casting a vote anymore.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:53 pm

I have a question ...
You play the game until the end?

It seems not.

Reebot, besides having the best graphics and sonosplastia has the best ending. And in the end it is quite difficult.

I play all to the end and this was the conclusion I have arrived.
When evaluating a game we have to take into account the graphic, sound and gameplay.

I am part of a major gaming company here in Japan and I'm watching this season. Like know what other companies are.

First I am saddened by the outcome of the judges, I thought it would be more professional. Unfortunately gave the impression that they did not play right and this may come to discourage the beautiful game who participated in this event.

Well, my vote and my whole company is "Reebot" and Can not Turn It Off.

Play games to the end.

Wellington
B
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Well said, though it seem that you have neglected an important criteria: the game's ability to keep the player's attention.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:09 pm

@Wellington, if you read our original competition post you would note that we clearly specified we would be judging on what games we find most fun.

This whole competition is meant to just be a bit of fun, we received many more entries than we though we would! We've stuck to what we've said and run the whole thing as fairly as possible.

The community vote idea was something that was added to the competition because people said they wanted it.

We are learning a lot about competitions after running this one and will be doing it slightly differently in the future.

We are sorry if people disagree with the judging situation, but that is how it is and we can't change it. We know a lot of people put a lot of time and energy into their entries, and it really shows and is fantastic to play them all! The flip side of this is that there will be a lot of disappointed people. There's really not much we can do about that, it's a competition.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Fun is not a criterion for a trial in a championship. And if it should not be the only one.

Do not make a league for fun, you do to compete. And even if you try to offer fun, people will compete for prizes and prestige.

I was impressed with the graphics of some games, as the new market for the games so cherishes. We want something that makes our eyes shine and a sound that put us in the game, if you combine a good gameplay, we have a perfect game like Chrono Trigger.

Do not get me wrong, but I want you to know that a championship is to compete, and losing is not fun.

Wellington

Level-5
B
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:36 pm

[quote]Scirra's decision is final and should be respected. It's just meant to be a bit of fun :)
[/quote]

The "competition" has always been labelled as "for fun", don't be so serious about it.
And as it was labelled as fun, people entering shouldn't have such a competition spirit.

Also I consider providing a full game in two weeks is a victory in itself. If you don't, then you are still missing the whole point of this event.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General