Using Back button on phone to exit game via Crosswalk?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:45 pm

@rayray

How about trying Phonegap Event plugin?

I think crosswalk is on the phoneap, so phonegap plugin will be applied to.

If you want, send me PM, I'll send you the plugin for nothing.
Last edited by cranberrygame on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Construct2 Cordova Plugins (currently 87 plugins): https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... ugins-1662

Construct2 Prototype Capx (currently 50 capx): https://www.scirra.com/store/games-with ... -capx-3088

Home page: http://cranberrygame.com
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Thanks but i'm going to stick with using the browser close action, its working fine for me at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:46 am

@rayray can you please provide me more info on how to exit application compiled using crosswalk?

thnx
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:01 pm

The Browser object's 'On back button' and 'Close' features should work in Crosswalk. If not, please file a bug report.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:13 pm

@cooltaby As Ashley mentioned, use the browser objects to exit the game, its still working fine on Crosswalk.

Simple way is this: Browser - On Back button pressed - Browser - Close

You could also create a sprite and when pressed, trigger the Browser 'Close' action.

What i did was if the back button was pressed, a pop up will appear asking for confirmation to exit game. If yes is pressed then the Browser 'Close' will trigger, exiting the game. If no is pressed, then the pop-ups disappear and you get back to the game.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:30 pm

@Ashley, rayray, thanks for your reply. i am implementing the above scenario using crosswalk android export. However, when press the device back button on main menu to close the app White screen flashes before exiting the app.

i tried closing normal chrome browser its exits normally.

Please let me know if you can provide any additional information.

Thanks,
Tabrez
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:24 pm

@cooltaby Yeah i had the issue as well, i mentioned on here that i tried several times and kept getting that white screen. To be honest all i did was restart my phone and it started working fine without the white screen.

That's all i can recommend as thats what did it for me, sorry i can't provided anything else to help you out.

Hopefully this will work for you.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:55 am

@rayray thanks for the info, i have a set of 30 Android devices and latest iOS devices on which i am checking the app compatibility. i faced white screen issue on all Android devices. its good that we dont have any guideline on iOS for quite button as they recommend to quit app by app switcher only...
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:11 pm

hi guys, if there's something new about this issue? I just faced the same problem. The "Exit" from browser button works perfect on created by Cocoonjs apk, and make white screen splash on Intel XDK... Are there someone who overcame this?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:59 pm

can u post your game in c2 files? or simple game for exit button
i have same troubel about exit button.
can you hep me sir
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?