Using both AND and OR Boolean in an event

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:02 am

I'm trying to set up certain animations to take place when individual and multiple buttons are pressed. When a single button is pressed, one animation will occur. But when that same button plus another is pressed together, a different animation will happen. What I want to do is test for different instances of conditions for the same possible event. It would go something like this:

==============
| CONDITION 1
| [AND]
| CONDITION 2
|
| [OR]
|
| CONDITION 1
| [AND]
| CONDITION 3
--------------
| --> EVENT 1
==============

I'm basically wondering if it's possible - in some way - to set up a combination of Boolean conditions to result in the same event.

I've try setting up groups - something I apparently need to learn more about and how they function - but that hasn't yet solved my current problem.

My THINKING would result in something like this:

==================
| CONDITION 1
| GROUP
| - CONDITION 1.1
| - CONDITION 1.2
------------------
| --> EVENT 1
==================

Does that make sense?Rhindon2013-01-13 08:08:15
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm

C2 doesn't support nested-mixed-booleans. Either use local variables for the two AND conditions, and then do an OR, or in this case, both are checking CONDITION1, so just check that first, then add a sub-event for the OR check.

If Condition 1
-> if Condition 2 OR Condition 3
---->action
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:21 pm

@blackhornet
THANK YOU! That pretty much solved the present dilema... I'm just glad I already had figured out how to insert sub-events (that indented black line with the arrow showing where the event is being sidled into). I think I had something similar in mind at ONE point while trouble-shooting, but yeah, I believe this is the solution I'm ultimately looking for (until nested-boolean comes around).

I appreciate your feedback. :)
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?