Using C3 projects and their resources in Google Drive

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hi all,

I save my project directly onto Google Drive in a dedicated directory. I put a resource directory inside the parent Project directory. Into the resource directory I place image and sound files.

If I want for example import an image in the sprite editor, I double click the symbol and the import dialog opens. However, there is not way I can access the images inside their directory on Google Drive.

Do you know how I can import those images and sound in a project all stored on Google drive?

Thank you very much for your help.

Friendly greetings,

Chris

• I think I interprete Google Drive (Cloud computing) wrongly. I am not sure about how to work with Google Drive.

Saving and opening a Construct 3 project is easy and secure. I have no problem with that. However I want to work completely on Google Drive. That is, when I need a sprite, I import that from Google Drive too.

When I go to another computer which has nothing to do with my laptop, I open the project file (On Google Drive) and start working. Despite the laptop is not used, the resources must still be linked to the project.

I looked up a lot of information about Google Drive but cannot find what I am looking for.

I think a possible solution is synchronising the resources on my local disk with Google Drive.

I nicely structured the content of my Google Drive in directories, so I can easily find anything back.

Problem is that I am not experienced enough or have the necessary knowledge to find the solution myself. Also on the internet, I cannot find any usefull information how to use the Cloud together with Construct 3.

I hope anybody can help me, finding a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Chris

• You can't. Well, you shouldn't. Due to the syncing nature of cloud storage, this is not recommended at all. You are going to hit file corruption.

Instead, you should use something like freefilesync, to quickly and easily transfer your files to your google drive location. I highly recommend using a repository for your projects. BitBucket combined with SourceTree is a great and free solution.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello Humanescape,

Thank you very much for your reply, which is very much appreciated. I want to apologize for my late reply.

You are correct about the file corruption when working directly in the cloud.

I have no problem with saving the project file on Google Drive and then manually upload the assets to Google Drive. Anyway the project file has its own directory, which I already did with C2. All the assets and resources are in directory "Assets". I just have to upload the "Assets" directory to the same level as the "Project" directory. Then I have a complete similar structure.

This laptop is from january 2009 with a 240 GB SSD drive which makes it fast enough to run Construct. It is in a constant lack of SSD space. So that is the reason why I cannot sync files on this laptop. Next year I will buy a ne laptop which will make a lot more possible.

Thank you again for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Chris

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)