Using only EXE files

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:55 pm

for virus scanners, i recommend avira's antivir; it's free but don't let that fool you, it's actually one of the best scanners available with the better ones beating it only by speed on scans but antivir still scans at decent speeds and the better ones require money.

this post probably sounds like an automated advertisement but it's not, it's a manually typed advertisement :P the only reason i advocate it is because i've done secondary research and came to the conclusion that this program isn't just giving you the best bang for your buck but it's just the best one available!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:51 pm

[quote="vinny":2ovskkjm]for virus scanners, i recommend avira's antivir; it's free but don't let that fool you, it's actually one of the best scanners available with the better ones beating it only by speed on scans but antivir still scans at decent speeds and the better ones require money.

this post probably sounds like an automated advertisement but it's not, it's a manually typed advertisement :P the only reason i advocate it is because i've done secondary research and came to the conclusion that this program isn't just giving you the best bang for your buck but it's just the best one available![/quote:2ovskkjm]

Thanks I will check that out. I currently use AVG. For spyware detection I use adaware and spybot. They have helped me several times.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:28 pm

[quote:kfr9anei]Virus scanners mostly go for viruses and not code like deleting files in your system32 folder.[/quote:kfr9anei]

Actually, if you're paranoid about this, Vista is actually a good operating system to go for! I know it's pretty unpopular, but on Vista applications don't have access to any of your personal/system files on disk, and you'll most likely get a UAC warning if it does attempt anything suspicious. Personally, I'm happy with XP though.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:20 pm

I highly recommend Sandboxie.
http://www.sandboxie.com/

This allows you to run any program in a sandbox, a controlled environment in which the program is unable to modify anything on your PC. It's a great way to test software to make sure it does nothing malicious.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:46 pm

Xinok this is very cool, sandboxie I mean. This is a must have.
Ashley>> Yeah vista maybe got millions of features but I choose XP because worry that I will get even more delays and crazy process cpu usage.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:13 am

[quote="andla":kya41bt6]... but I choose XP because worry that ...[/quote:kya41bt6]

You worry too much lol. I love Vista. Construct runs fine on it as does all my other software.

I prefer it to XP now.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations