Using the CVS

Forum for plugin, effect and behavior programmers. Please use the Help & Support forum for help using Construct.

Post » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:18 pm

I tried to load the source code to my computer. I've not used CVS before, so I didn't get it to work :D.

I downloaded the program WinCVS, and tried to "checkout" the code into this local computer. Got following message:

[code:39g7gjpv]cvs -d :pserver;username=anonymous:anonymous@construct.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/con... checkout -P -- /cvsroot/construct/ (in directory C:\Documents and Settings\Jrjestelmnvalvoja\Omat tiedostot\CVS)
cvs checkout: cwd=C:\Documents and Settings\Jrjestelmnvalvoja\Omat tiedostot\CVS ,current=C:\Documents and Settings\Jrjestelmnvalvoja\Omat tiedostot\CVS
cvs [server aborted]: Absolute module reference invalid: `/cvsroot/construct/'
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)[/code:39g7gjpv]

What should I do? How I can get it work?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:07 am

There's some CVS help here... not sure why it isn't working. Each root level folder is a module, so to access the IDE source you have to make a module called IDE.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:04 pm

I will be nice if we chaanged to SVN or we can have both. Sourceforge.net has tool for migrating or having both types of version available to developers

Well-done everybody! :D

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
Sanyaade
B
G

Post » Sat May 17, 2008 9:46 pm

Just for reference in case anyone reads this topic, Tortoise CVS is probably the best GUI client for CVS. Not as good as the excellent Tortoise SVN but definitely good enough.
B
G

Return to Construct engineering