Using the "Red Cross" symbol in health objects

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:12 am

@Tulamide
Read the article again and cant find a passage where he is judged to 250k.

The red cross wanted 40k+Lawyer etc. but the flyer-dude didnt have to pay anything besides 606,30. The rest was obviously invalid, because of a earlier case where the court has decided different. He couldt know that.
Please correct me, if im getting things wrong here, Im not a lawyer.

Fr die Hhe des Gegenstandswertes ist auf das Interesse des Klgers an der knftigen Unterbindung des beanstandeten Verhaltens abzustellen. Der Klger hat im vorliegenden Rechtsstreit den Streitwert mit insgesamt 50.000 EUR angegeben. Mit der vorliegenden Klage macht der Klger neben dem Unterlassungsanspruch noch Folgeansprche (Auskunfts- und Schadensersatzfeststellungsansprche) geltend, so dass im vorliegenden Rechtsstreit der Wert des Unterlassungsanspruchs mit 40.000 EUR zu beziffern ist. Dieser Gegenstandswert ist auch dem vorprozessualen Abmahnschreiben zugrunde zu legen.

Nach dem RVG ist die Anrechnung der Geschftsgebhr fr eine auergerichtliche Ttigkeit neu geregelt. Soweit wegen desselben Gegenstandes eine Geschftsgebhr nach Nr. 2400 VV entstanden ist, wird diese zur Hlfte, jedoch hchstens mit einem Gebhrensatz von 0,75 auf die Verfahrensgebhr des gerichtlichen Verfahrens angerechnet (Vorbem. 3 Abs.4 zur VV RVG).

Erfolgt nunmehr eine nach dem RVG geregelte Anrechnung der auergerichtlichen Kosten zur Hlfte, berechnet sich der Erstattungsbetrag wie folgt:

Gegenstandswert: 40.000,- EUR

1,3 Geschftsgebhr des Rechtsanwalts

Nr.2400 VV RVG:

1.172,60 EUR

Auslagenpauschale des Rechtsanwalts

20,00 EUR

Anrechnung gem. Vorbem. 3 Abs.4 VV RVG

586,30 EUR

Gesamtbetrag:

606,30 EUR

To your second statement... of course this example was pretty obvious, but I guess you dont see the difference in using a symbol in creating something like a rivalry-product than to use it in a context, it doesnt affect things.
I mean ....you see thousand of mercedes stars, MacBooks, coke cans etcetcetc every day in television. What about that? You couldt even wear a adidas-pullover in your home videos :D
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:57 am

Sure, I'll help as much as I can to clear things up for you :)

[QUOTE=Beaverlicious] @Tulamide
Read the article again and cant find a passage where he is judged to 250k.[/QUOTE] I never said so.
This is what I wrote:
[QUOTE=tulamide]Also I added just one of quite a few verdicts. In this case a group of people, who printed a brochure using the red cross on white background although not related to the red cross federation, were sentenced to pay 607, and also aren't allowed to ever again use the sign or the brochure. If they do, they will have to pay 250,000[/QUOTE]

And here are the paragraphs from the verdict to prove me right:

"I. Der Beklagte wird verurteilt, es bei Meidung eines fr jeden Fall der Zuwiderhandlung festzusetzenden Ordnungsgeldes, ersatzweise Ordnungshaft, oder einer Ordnungshaft bis zu sechs Monaten (Ordnungsgeld im Einzelfall hchstens 250.000 EUR; Ordnungshaft insgesamt hchstens zwei Jahre)zu unterlassen,..."
Short form: Don't you ever use that flyer again, or you'll pay 250,000 (or go to jail for a maximum of 2 years, if can't pay)

"II. Der Beklagte wird verurteilt, an den Klger 606,30EURzuzglich Zinsen in Hhe von 5 % ber dem Basiszinssatz seit dem 17. Dezember 2004 zu zahlen."
I rounded up to 607, I didn't think that I would have to mention every cent ;)

[QUOTE=Beaverlicious]The red cross wanted 40k+Lawyer etc. but the flyer-dude didnt have to pay anything besides 606,30. The rest was obviously invalid, because of a earlier case where the court has decided different. He couldt know that.
Please correct me, if im getting things wrong here, Im not a lawyer.[/QUOTE] Absolutely correct, hence me saying they were sentenced to pay 607

[QUOTE=Beaverlicious]To your second statement... of course this example was pretty obvious, but I guess you dont see the difference in using a symbol in creating something like a rivalry-product than to use it in a context, it doesnt affect things.[/QUOTE] It wasn't a rivalry-product. It wasn't a product at all. It was a flyer explaining first aid methods in case someone gets hurt in a demonstration. And that's why I chose this verdict. If you can't use a flyer explaining first aid using a red cross on white background in doing so, then a game using first aid kits with a red cross on white background will also not be allowed (if someone sues you, that is)

[QUOTE=Beaverlicious]I mean ....you see thousand of mercedes stars, MacBooks, coke cans etcetcetc every day in television. What about that? You couldt even wear a adidas-pullover in your home videos :D[/QUOTE] That's called 'product placement' and is a very welcomed business to advertise products without actually marking it as a commercial.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:08 am

Thank you for this interesting read, i actually use med kits with the white background and red cross, ill reconsider my usage and fix around it!
B
S

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas