Variations of Line of sight

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Anyone got some good examples of pathfinding behaviour combined with the line of sight behaviour?

Whatever I build is heavy on the performance as soon as I use the line of sight behaviour.

There are some tutorials, but they use their own line of sight, Im specifically looking at the combination line of sight with pathfinding.

I have a large isometric game Im working on, and applied the pathfinding since last update, works great after the performance update.

But I cant get anything decent running when combining with line of sight. (performance wise)

So, I was wondering, who dabbled in the combination line of sight and pathfinding from the build in behaviours ?
Caps, examples, links ....

edit: I use it for enemies that walk around on a path, see the player and follow till out of sight.

lennaert2014-01-03 22:55:32
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:47 pm

How often are you using the pathfinding ? I am guessing you are not running it just after the line of sight but on some kind of timer ?

August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:55 pm

In a lot of variations ...

The pathfinding is not the issue ...
since I changed to pathfinding, I have, next to the ai dev, at least 10 extra objects doing constant pathfinding towards me, and it works without a hitch. these objects work without line of sight.

next to this, max 5 objects, doing pathfinding, while moving with a cone of 45, and stand still a cone of 360, distance 800.

Made some progress today:
I added a boolean check prior the los check, so its not using the los behaviour constantly, that made a small difference, then I changed the actions to a function, and it was even beter.

Still not as it should, though.lennaert2014-01-04 22:55:24
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?