vector x

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
25 high-quality cars. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • Can someone please tell me if this is a bug or i am missing something?

I have on purpose entered extreme values for this example so it would show right away if it is working or not.

just press ' or Enter and please tell me why the vector x is not working.

thank you

• You haven't changed the max speed from 330 so it won't go any faster than that.

• ramones

thank you sir.

sometimes it is in front of your nose and you cannot see it!

but can you please explain where is the "limiter" on the vector y movement?

jump strength or gravity does not seem to affect things like the max speed did to vector x

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What about max fall speed?

• ramones

noooope.

i entered in all platform behavior boxes the value of 50 and it still flies to the moon when i press '.

i guess vector y is not affected by anything?

• ramones

noooope.

i entered in all platform behavior boxes the value of 50 and it still flies to the moon when i press '.

i guess vector y is not affected by anything?

Only in descent, the max fall speed limits it, in ascension, no limits (you'd have to make one yourself if you really want one).

Which makes sense since the gravity can really makes it go fast if there is no limitation (a gravity is an acceleration, so it won't stop unless a limit is here), whereas the jump strength is the opposite of the initial vector Y during the jump.

atthe endthere are limitations only where you don't directly use a speed but an acceleration (when going left, right or down)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)