Vertical platforms glitch

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:04 am

A platform behavior controlled sprite won't behave properly with vertically moving platforms (solid behavior). You will get stuck in the platform while moving upwards and be constantly falling while moving downwards, rendering you unable to jump for most of the time.

Was just mentioned in another thread yesterday and I recalled that I ran into the same problem too a while ago. Came up with a nasty but acceptable workaround, but I'd rather have this working properly of course.

Here's a link to a demonstrational capx:
Platform glitch example
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:46 am

ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 am

Ah, indeed there's already a thread about it. My bad. But judging from the thread I linked above, it doesn't seem like the devs looked into it already. So hopefully this helps at least to bring it to attention some more.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 pm

This was also brought up in the other thread but I guess I'll post again since you have a .cap that can demonstrate this..

If you change one of the moving platform's sinewave behavior to horizontal you'll notice some other problems as well.

1) If you're being pushed to the left you will have a hard time jumping (I guess you get stuck in the platform a bit)

2) If you're being pushed to the right, your player will 'hop'. If you hold left while being pushed to the right, the player sometimes 'climbs' over the platform.

This has nothing to do with the collision mask on the sprite - the same thing happens in my game with a rectangular collision mask. Also, this happens with any moving platform, not just ones using the sinewave behavior.
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs