Very Early Concept Vid, what do you think?

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Very cool concept ;]
The only thing that seens off to me is the blackline around the characters which. Have you tried not using an outline?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:47 am

[QUOTE=sheepy] Very cool concept ;]
The only thing that seens off to me is the blackline around the characters which. Have you tried not using an outline?
[/QUOTE]

I guess it's just the style I use. Always been a fan of line art cartoons you see, like Snoopy, Tintin, The Simpsons etc.
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Looks nice, but you should focus on making it more distinct what surface the player can jump on/interact with, and whats art.

A great example on this matter can be seen in Limbo, where the background and foreground is blurred, and distinctly parallax, and the actual playfield is static and coherent.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:53 am

A game with humor, adventure and "aw" cute cartoon art. Wow, what a concept. Awesome work so far. There goes that big bad wolf again. Thanks for sharing.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:40 am

[QUOTE=ParCutz] A game with humor, adventure and "aw" cute cartoon art. Wow, what a concept. Awesome work so far. There goes that big bad wolf again. Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks (:
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:33 am

Yes @era it's a very good idea ! fun to find some way too improved a game which not yet exist ! ;-p
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:00 am

[QUOTE=naelian] Yes @era it's a very good idea ! fun to find some way too improved a game which not yet exist ! ;-p[/QUOTE]

What? :P
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:02 am

I'm liking the art direction myself. I also think the proportions of the critters on the screen are just fine (maybe make the wolf a little smaller, but still significantly larger than the rabbit).

I think the backgrounds are a bit too blurry (the trees and snow and the like), in the "it's all so blurry without my glasses" kind of way, not the "it's the art style" kind of way. I would also agree with Era's comment that you should find a way to make the areas you can walk on a bit more distinct than the areas that are just scenery, as in the end this is still a game and as such you need to clue players into the rules of the world before you send them against it.

I love the creature animations (the wolf turning is BEAUTIFUL!) and I love the idea behind the game. I look forward to seeing what you do with it!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:08 pm

Looks pretty good to me. Animations are great. The only thing that I would be concerned about would be running out of fun situations to put the rabbit in.

Keep up the good work!   
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:33 am

This game looks really nice! I would definitely be interested in playing something like this!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations