Very poor performance with physics and CocoonJs

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Yep, thanx for the reply! I'm not a programmer, but all this seems a little complex.
So, good work to all!
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 pm

I know you guys are working hard on this, but here's some more test data.

I ran the cocoonjs box2d demo on my 5 year old android (droid incredible 1GZ - 512MB - android version 2.3.4) and get a solid 40 fps when adding 60 of those asteroid objects.
Next I ran the construct 2 Angrybirds demo - it got down to 2 fps.
A simple ball and ground gave me about 20 fps.

I hope some progress is made on this topic.

Keep up the good work!

B

Post » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:49 am

I created a quick, very low profile physics demo and exported to both appMobi and CocoonJS. This is just a bird's eye view of a large object moving about 20 small objects along a tiled background. That's it.

To my disappointment, the frame rates were horrid on both frameworks on a 3rd generation iPad. I've cancelled this project, since it would be unplayable on the device I targeted it for. Sorry, but both CocoonJS and appMobi render physics games on Construct 2 for any mobile devices worthless.
B

Post » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:24 am

@AhemExcuseMe - hardware acceleration for physics has not been completed yet. When it is, the speed of physics through cocoonjs should be much, much faster (try the demo that comes with cocoonjs to get an idea).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:58 pm

@Arima, thanks for the info! Do you have an idea of when this will be ready? I'm assuming hardware acceleration is browser specific for desktop apps and native across all tablets?
B

Post » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Hardware acceleration for physics is only a part of cocoonjs (iOS and android). Ludei hasn't announced when it will be done yet, but they're working on it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way to speed up the physics on the handsets? I've removed most of the iterations on physics checking, and it is still slow.

The rest of the app is normal speed, but Physics calculations are in slow motion, As if gravity was 1/4 or something.

I don't know how to compensate for that. The collisions seem to be fine, but the speed at which objects fall is much slower on the handsset than desktop. I feel like this could be fixed with some mulitplier or DT calculation. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:42 pm

[QUOTE=firebelly] Does anyone know if there is a way to speed up the physics on the handsets? I've removed most of the iterations on physics checking, and it is still slow.

The rest of the app is normal speed, but Physics calculations are in slow motion, As if gravity was 1/4 or something.

I don't know how to compensate for that. The collisions seem to be fine, but the speed at which objects fall is much slower on the handsset than desktop. I feel like this could be fixed with some mulitplier or DT calculation. Anyone have any thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

I think maybe you're looking for this:

https://www.scirra.com/manual/98/physics

Read the "set stepping mode" part.Xavier2013-03-25 16:43:34
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?