Video doesn't play on iOS 11 (Cordova)

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Pack of illustrator graphic styles. Make your own logos, game titles, or anything you want.
  • Problem Description

I'm trying to get video to play in my game that is exported with Phone Gap Build but it does not work on devices with iOS 11, nothing is shown. It works on earlier versions of iOS though. It also works when I publish it as a HTML5 website and try it on my iPhone with iOS 11 Safari, but I need it to work as a Cordova exported app!

I guess it's the same as this? https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/895

It seems to have been fixed in Construct 3 r61, but not in Construct 2?

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu8a21wrimq3i3a/ios11video.capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Click the red square to start playing the video.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Export as Cordova.
    • Build with Phone Gap Build.
    • Install on device with iOS 11.
    • Try to play the video.

Observed Result

Nothing happens.

Expected Result

Video should play.

Affected Browsers

• Safari (iOS 11): (YES)
    • Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

iOS 11.0.3.

Construct 2 Version ID

r247

• Problem Description

I'm trying to get video to play in my game that is exported with Phone Gap Build but it does not work on devices with iOS 11, nothing is shown. It works on earlier versions of iOS though. It also works when I publish it as a HTML5 website and try it on my iPhone with iOS 11 Safari, but I need it to work as a Cordova exported app!

I guess it's the same as this? https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/895

It seems to have been fixed in Construct 3 r61, but not in Construct 2?

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu8a21wrimq3i3a/ios11video.capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Click the red square to start playing the video.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Export as Cordova.
    • Build with Phone Gap Build.
    • Install on device with iOS 11.
    • Try to play the video.

Observed Result

Nothing happens.

Expected Result

Video should play.

Affected Browsers

• Safari (iOS 11): (YES)
    • Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

iOS 11.0.3.

Construct 2 Version ID

r247

i think is'n not a bug, try to move your .mp4 file into "Video" folder, then export the project. should be work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You are using Construct 3, right?

I have this problem in Construct 2. As far as I can tell there isn't a "Videos"-folder in Construct 2. Also the problem was not getting the video to play, I can get it to play but not when it's built with Cordova on a device with iOS 11, it's that specific.

• You are using Construct 3, right?

I have this problem in Construct 2. As far as I can tell there isn't a "Videos"-folder in Construct 2. Also the problem was not getting the video to play, I can get it to play but not when it's built with Cordova on a device with iOS 11, it's that specific.

ops, you're right, sorry, i have the r244 of C2 so for open your capx i have used C3 and.. this made me confused

anyway, when you export project in html5 (before building apk from www content) try to move your video into "Media" folder (if u don't have this add a audio file to make it when export). for me this warkaround sometimes worked.

• > You are using Construct 3, right?

>

> I have this problem in Construct 2. As far as I can tell there isn't a "Videos"-folder in Construct 2. Also the problem was not getting the video to play, I can get it to play but not when it's built with Cordova on a device with iOS 11, it's that specific.

>

ops, you're right, sorry, i have the r244 of C2 so for open your capx i have used C3 and.. this made me confused

anyway, when you export project in html5 (before building apk from www content) try to move your video into "Media" folder (if u don't have this add a audio file to make it when export). for me this warkaround sometimes worked.

Ok, so I've tried moving the video to the media folder and built it again, but it didn't work I'm afraid.

I'm not trying to get it to work on Android though, this is an iOS specific problem for me. And It's even more specific because I CAN get the video to play on iOS 10, but not on iOS 11 when it's exported with Cordova (Phone Gap Build)!

I think it's probably the same as described in this thread https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/895

And although that relates to Construct 3, my guess is that it's the same in Construct 2.

• >

> > You are using Construct 3, right?

> >

> > I have this problem in Construct 2. As far as I can tell there isn't a "Videos"-folder in Construct 2. Also the problem was not getting the video to play, I can get it to play but not when it's built with Cordova on a device with iOS 11, it's that specific.

> >

> ops, you're right, sorry, i have the r244 of C2 so for open your capx i have used C3 and.. this made me confused

> anyway, when you export project in html5 (before building apk from www content) try to move your video into "Media" folder (if u don't have this add a audio file to make it when export). for me this warkaround sometimes worked.

>

>

Ok, so I've tried moving the video to the media folder and built it again, but it didn't work I'm afraid.

I'm not trying to get it to work on Android though, this is an iOS specific problem for me. And It's even more specific because I CAN get the video to play on iOS 10, but not on iOS 11 when it's exported with Cordova (Phone Gap Build)!

I think it's probably the same as described in this thread https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/895

And although that relates to Construct 3, my guess is that it's the same in Construct 2.

i think the bug is on iOS and not on Construct2/3 export features.

• I've backported the C3 fix to C2 for the next build, so it should be fixed then.

• I've backported the C3 fix to C2 for the next build, so it should be fixed then.

Great! Thank you very much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)