Video issues: compare playbacktime and On export

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Problem Description
Bug 1: Compare Video playbacktime sometimes does not work.

Attach a Capx
video example 03.capx

Description of Capx
First Layout: Menu with Start Button. On clicked, go to Video Layout.
Video Layout: If video ends, go to Menu Layout. If video playbacktime > 1 set playbacktime to 0. In other words, a loop that never ends.

Video was encoded with XMedia Recode 3.1.8.8 with the following settings:
Video Only, Bitrate 1500, Reference frames Max and Min to 1, centered type.

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • Step 1: Run Menu Layout
  • Step 2: Press Start Test Button

Observed Result
    First time, video plays normally and ends.

Expected Result
    Video Layout should never ends, as intentionally create a loop between second 0 and second 1 on the video.

Affected Browsers
    • Chrome: YES

Operating System and Service Pack
W8 x64

Construct 2 Version ID
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Oyar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:06 pm

I can't reproduce the looping issue in Firefox. Can you? It looks like a Chrome specific issue.

After exporting you must have the right server MIME types or video will fail to load. Can you provide a link to an exported project using video to verify?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:52 am

Tested in Chrome, Firefox and IE (with mp4 file). Only Chrome seems to have this issue. Deleting the exporting problem, right now can't reproduce it anymore.
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:31 am

So I think this is a Chrome bug but I found a workaround for the next build, so hopefully that fixes it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Great!

This may be or may be not a bug, depending on what "On Can play" means.
My guess is than "On Can Play" is fired when video is ready to play, on first play or when you set a playback time.

(Edit: Deleted Bug description as it is not a Bug, as Ashley explains below.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Oyar on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:26 pm

No, "On can play" means it has downloaded enough data to play at least a couple of frames, so I'd expect it only fires once per video. Anyway, all the playback events are whatever is fired by the browser and Construct 2 is not involved, so we could not change it either way.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:50 pm

This is great, thanks for the video bugs capx.. that helped me get really far with a test project http://part12studios.com/temp/Video_Test3/

I set up the mimes as documented and the game runs fine local.. even before the mines I had some working roughs working before this version.. but the clip were maybe about 1/3 the size. Here is an example of one that's working http://part12studios.com/temp/Video_Test2/ this one never gave me any trouble.. the other

So how do "preload" video? I know I can do a preload and preload complete with the audio object.. is there something similar for video? I would just want to be sure that the player cannot proceed until the video(s) are done downloading..

Thanks
Caleb
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:18 pm

So doing a little more testing.. I realize it was something else.. i had my videos in the first version lower case.. the newer version videos were capitalized.. when i made the newer videos lower case.. removed the old ones and re-imported them as lower case versions they worked.. so there you have it.. heh.

http://part12studios.com/temp/Video_Test7/

Thanks!
Caleb
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs