Video not working with nw.js

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:51 pm

So I'm making a game containing a lot of pre-rendered video. This all works fine when running layouts, but when exporting to nw.js, nothing works. Could this be because I only have an H.264 source? WebM always exports to horrible quality for me so I was hoping to avoid it.

Thank you
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:13 am

NW.js Documentation

Using MP3 and H.264 codecs requires you to pay attention to the patent royalties and the license of the source code. Consult a lawyer if you do not understand the licensing constraints and using patented media formats in your application..
Due to the license issue, the prebuilt binaries of NW.js doesn’t support proprietary codecs, like H.264. ..
So you can’t play MP3/MP4 with <audio> and <video> tags with prebuilt NW.js. ...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:54 pm

korbaach wrote:NW.js Documentation

Using MP3 and H.264 codecs requires you to pay attention to the patent royalties and the license of the source code. Consult a lawyer if you do not understand the licensing constraints and using patented media formats in your application..
Due to the license issue, the prebuilt binaries of NW.js doesn’t support proprietary codecs, like H.264. ..
So you can’t play MP3/MP4 with <audio> and <video> tags with prebuilt NW.js. ...

Thank you. Will WebM or OGG work?
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:34 pm

WebM will do the trick.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?