Video plug-in

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:26 am

My game will heavily rely on the 'Video' object for cutscenes. Is it OK to kinda 'overuse' the Video plugin? :?: P.S. That dosen't make my game a movie. e.g. Minecraft Story Mode has a lot of cutscenes, but they still offer gameplay segments. ;)
I'm not the best, but i like making games in Construct
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:38 am

yea video plugin is a good plugin to rely on, its really fast, make sure u name ur files with lowercase's before exporting if you play from files inside the C2 project and not from external links (ie. "myvideo" and not "MyVideo")
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:41 am

gamecorpstudio wrote:yea video plugin is a good plugin to rely on, its really fast, make sure u name ur files with lowercase's before exporting if you play from files inside the C2 project and not from external links (ie. "myvideo" and not "MyVideo")
OK! Glad to hear that.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:25 am

You still have to pay attention to the memory usage of your game. So make sure whether loading a video in memory is more efficient then doing the "cut scene" within Construct 2 itself.
Depends also on the devices you target. Apple iphones don't like huge videos and you can't really navigate from a point to another within those videos.
Plus, as always with Apple, to start playing the video you are required to have a player input. possibly on a DOM object like a button.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:28 pm

Kyatric wrote:You still have to pay attention to the memory usage of your game. So make sure whether loading a video in memory is more efficient then doing the "cut scene" within Construct 2 itself.
Depends also on the devices you target. Apple iphones don't like huge videos and you can't really navigate from a point to another within those videos.
Plus, as always with Apple, to start playing the video you are required to have a player input. possibly on a DOM object like a button.
You said that right about spying on the memory usage, but i can't make my cutscene in C2. Imagine a moving body, voice, effects, etc.. You'll have to make so many events for that! I estimate that's not even enough for a free version of construct... :shock:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Where is this Video plug in you are talking about?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:21 pm

tomi71 wrote:Where is this Video plug in you are talking about?

It's a Plugin so will need to be added to your Layout like you would any other Object. It's under the section 'Media'.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:56 pm

zenox98 wrote:
tomi71 wrote:Where is this Video plug in you are talking about?

It's a Plugin so will need to be added to your Layout like you would any other Object. It's under the section 'Media'.

Thanks. This is interesting! :)
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General