Platform2 (Behaviours)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:31 pm

Having a lot of success implementing this plugin but I did notice 2 errors, the first occurs when you disable then enable the Platform2 behavior:

Code: Select all
Javascript error!
ReferenceError: inst is not defined
http://localhost:50000/Platform2_behavior.js, line 1583 (col 5)

This may be a bug in Construct 2 or a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer following the bug report guidelines. Subsequent errors will be logged to the console.

The second occurred when trying to edit the Collision Mask values of Solid2 objects when those objects are created:

Code: Select all
Javascript error!
ReferenceError: value is not defined
http://localhost:50000/solid2_behavior.js, line 140 (col 3)

This may be a bug in Construct 2 or a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer following the bug report guidelines. Subsequent errors will be logged to the console.

Neither are project breaking for me but I wanted to document them here, this plugin is still amazing!
B

Post » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Thanks for the bug report, @gwilkins - both bugs have been fixed and the updated plugins should be approved for release in the store soon.
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Does Platform2 handle 'ladders' (ropes/climbing) any differently? I'm quite new to Construct, and have been able to easily create a platformer, but struggled with ladders (even with a multitude of tutorials). Thought that if climbing were part of your add-on it would be a done deal :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:59 pm

graham-s wrote:Does Platform2 handle 'ladders' (ropes/climbing) any differently? I'm quite new to Construct, and have been able to easily create a platformer, but struggled with ladders (even with a multitude of tutorials). Thought that if climbing were part of your add-on it would be a done deal :)

Hi. There are no ladder or rope elements to this behaviour - you'd have to set them up yourself using events.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Update v2.0 submitted to the store for approval.

Bugfix: no longer registers as next-to-wall if next to a jump-through or fall-through object.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:02 am

Hey @Colludium thanks so much for this fix! I think I may have found another bug though :mrgreen:

In my game I need to be able to make the player loop around the layout, and I do this by setting the player's X position manually to either the left of right of the layout (depending on where he leaves).

In the regular Platform behavior, when I do that the player keeps his momentum - when using Platform2 he stops for a brief moment before he continues on.

I've made an example so you can take a look! I also tried fixing it by saving the player's X velocity before he warps to the X position and applying to them, but it didn't work (it's also included in the example).

Here's the example:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuQM7MihYyx4jY8OhxyprtFgvQe9VQ

You can test it by holding the arrow keys until the player collides with the green bars. If you keep holding it long enough you'll notice the regular platform movement never loses it's momentum after setting the X position manually, while the Platform2 behavior lags behind (especially if you do it more than once).

Thanks for your time!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Thanks for the bug report @andreyin. This should now be fixed.

Update v2.1 submitted to the store for approval. Bugfix - the player now maintains velocity when its position is set by events.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:18 pm

That was fast!! Thanks again! :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 16, 2018 12:18 pm

@Colludium Can you port this to construct 3? ;)
(Paid) App/Web and Plugin-Development. Please contact me! [email protected]
B
S

Post » Wed May 16, 2018 6:43 pm

macube wrote:@Colludium Can you port this to construct 3? ;)

Hi - my hope is to be able to do that. It all depends on how comprehensive the new runtime SDK documentation is. The code is all obfuscated and there's no way I could port it by guesswork...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store