C3 Orientation for new user

Post » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:26 am

Hello,

I used C2 a few years back and want to get started with C3 and need a bit of orientation help:

1. plugins -- there used to be a nice list of C2 plugins as a forum entry -- is there a list of C3 plugins already available?

2. how difficult is it to convert a C2 plugin to C3

3. I'd like to write a little game with a DB backend -- is there a C3 plugin that makes it easy -- or even transparent -- to writing data for different users to one of the well known backend DBs -- which backend DB is these days recommended.

Also, is C3 now fully equivalent in functionality with C2 -- how do C2 and C3 currently compare in terms of capabilities.

thank you,

Dan
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am

1. In the dedicated C3 SDK forum you can find this topic or search within said forum.

2. You can try the beta converter developed by BlackHornet or use C3 Addon SDK.

3. I'm not aware of an existing plugin. At the same time, do you really need a plugin/database when AJAX will be your way of communication with a distant server ? Perhaps rather work on your own implementation of data.

4. What's new in Construct 3 and a list of its features.

Construct 3 is, like C2 still a tool to develop client-side applications/games for the web.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm

Thank you ...

I am curious: how much of C2 functionality is already implemented in C3 -- are they essentially equivalent -- or C3 even a superset of C2's capabilities.

thank you,

Daniel
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:30 am

When you look at the list of features you can see that most features are implemented (C2 was the base ground for C3, C3 in beta was aimed at providing the same features as C2 to then allow to expand even further) and thanks to What's new in Construct 3 you can see what's added and goes beyond C2's feature set.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Return to General Discussion