Nintendo Switch supported ? (The Next Penelope on Switch)

Post » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:02 pm

I see that The Next Penelope is released on Nintendo Switch now. I know this game was made in C2, but does this mean that Construct 2/3 now has the ability to export to the Switch, or is it rewritten in another game engine?
B
34
S
15
G
6
Posts: 245
Reputation: 4,374

Post » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:10 pm

ImageImageImage
B
72
S
22
G
288
Posts: 3,862
Reputation: 158,460

Post » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:53 pm

blackhornet wrote:http://www.seaven-studio.com/bringing-the-next-penelope-to-switch/


great article on it!
If you are looking for solutions and workarounds to the Windows 10 C2 performance issues feel free to reach out to me.

Following rexrainbow's lead - Goodbye.
B
50
S
24
G
14
Posts: 632
Reputation: 12,505

Post » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:54 pm

I've heard that nintendo will not be considering supporting construct 2 or 3 due to the way scirra abandoned support for the Wii U thus basically blacklisting everyone,And getting a port like what The next penelope has was quoted at 100,000 to 150,000$
B
49
S
34
G
67
Posts: 122
Reputation: 38,467

Post » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:15 pm

Phacanu wrote:I've heard that nintendo will not be considering supporting construct 2 or 3 due to the way scirra abandoned support for the Wii U thus basically blacklisting everyone,And getting a port like what The next penelope has was quoted at 100,000 to 150,000$


Was that before Nintendo stopped making the Wii U, or after they decided to not support webgl?
Image ImageImage
B
178
S
50
G
206
Posts: 8,688
Reputation: 127,719

Post » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:09 pm

newt wrote:
Phacanu wrote:I've heard that nintendo will not be considering supporting construct 2 or 3 due to the way scirra abandoned support for the Wii U thus basically blacklisting everyone,And getting a port like what The next penelope has was quoted at 100,000 to 150,000$


Was that before Nintendo stopped making the Wii U, or after they decided to not support webgl?


This was recently when a bunch of devs contacted them about switch support for c2
B
49
S
34
G
67
Posts: 122
Reputation: 38,467

Post » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:53 am

Phacanu wrote:This was recently when a bunch of devs contacted them about switch support for c2


You're saying that Nintendo said that they didn't want to support C2, or C3 on Switch because Scirra dropped support for a product they themselves no longer make.

It sounds made up, because of some other reason perhaps.
Like they don't want to support Html5 because it a form they can't control.
Not that I would blame them.
Image ImageImage
B
178
S
50
G
206
Posts: 8,688
Reputation: 127,719

Post » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Phacanu wrote:I've heard that nintendo will not be considering supporting construct 2 or 3 due to the way scirra abandoned support for the Wii U thus basically blacklisting everyone,And getting a port like what The next penelope has was quoted at 100,000 to 150,000$

Image
B
101
S
35
G
12
Posts: 295
Reputation: 13,684


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests