Can't import .gifs in C3?

Get help using Construct 3!

Post » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:29 am

In C2 you use "Import frames from file" to import all the frames from a .gif. In C3 this only imports the first frame. Is this a bug or can you not import .gifs anymore?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:54 am

ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:33 am

This worked for me locally in Chome (note: not my github project):

https://github.com/nyanim/gif-splitter

HTH
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 am

yeah I just use C2 or GIMP, import it and then export it from there. Actually using C2 is a little easier, you can just build the program and it outputs a spritesheet png.

but yeah they need to support this. There are plenty of times where I grab an asset (on a free site) that is GIF only. Even though GIF is an ancient format it is still used widely in the indie world - especially among novices or hobbyists using freeware.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:31 am

Hi! Im new to Construct but have been working with some tutorials thru February and forward. Now im stuck on this issue, the gif issue. So when i read around on the web and here on Scirra forums i understand this; You cant add an animated gif as a running character for example? Or do you who master it mean that you have to work with it in another way?

I dont know how to do it, do i use Gimp and import an animated character from there? does that work?
Or can i make the animation right in Construct? with less details then ofc.

The other post above said something about making the work in C2 and just import the settings in C3? did i get that right? How exactly is the point by point in that progress?

Thanks.
B

Return to How do I...?