[Behavior] Box2D+ (asm.js r2.3.0; v2.0)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi @Colludium

I've just messaged you back - thank you for the super fast response - awesome customer support :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:08 am

Updated to v2.02

Bugfix: changes to a tilemap were applied incorrectly.
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 14, 2018 11:57 am

some draft :)
Beetle is made with Box2D+, steam with Emitter

https://youtu.be/YGq1xvigjcE
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 14, 2018 9:33 pm

repkino wrote:some draft :)
Beetle is made with Box2D+, steam with Emitter

https://youtu.be/YGq1xvigjcE

Wow!! I'm loving your work there!
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 15, 2018 9:30 pm

https://playeremers.itch.io/gfchrgwstaz (password is batata)

do you think i can build a full game like mine prototype here (climbing hill racing game) with no worries using only the default C2 physics for mobile (will build for pc was well)?

because i saw your plugin just now, and it looks pretty good and maybe will be more efficient peformance-wise for mobile

but im not sure if is worth to buy in my case/will it work on mobile (im always confused about the exporters for mobile and things like what to do so i can place ads on my mobile game.. i never built to mobile), specially when im in a situation where i need to spend money wisely
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 15, 2018 10:39 pm

@PlayerEmers - thanks for asking. The performance of Box2D+ is about the same as the standard Physics asm.js plugin - mine is, essentially, just a later and more complete version of Box2d. If you're aiming for mobile then my recommendation is you should only market to top of the range hardware. Make some tests using the standard plugin and see if the performance is good enough on the hardware you're aiming for. If you need prismatic joints, gear joints, gravity attractors, proper collision filtering and a physics based platform behavior in addition to the standard plugin's revolute joints then Box2D+ is probably what you're looking for. If you're not sure then don't buy this plugin just on the off-chance - it really has more to offer than the standard plugin, but performance increase isn't one of those numerous benefits because it's about the same.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Colludium wrote:@PlayerEmers - thanks for asking. The performance of Box2D+ is about the same as the standard Physics asm.js plugin - mine is, essentially, just a later and more complete version of Box2d. If you're aiming for mobile then my recommendation is you should only market to top of the range hardware. Make some tests using the standard plugin and see if the performance is good enough on the hardware you're aiming for. If you need prismatic joints, gear joints, gravity attractors, proper collision filtering and a physics based platform behavior in addition to the standard plugin's revolute joints then Box2D+ is probably what you're looking for. If you're not sure then don't buy this plugin just on the off-chance - it really has more to offer than the standard plugin, but performance increase isn't one of those numerous benefits because it's about the same.

thank you for replying
yeah i will see how things go when the project goes foward, testing peformance in some devices, etc... if everything is ok until peformance/gameplay tests end, i will just keep using the default physics behavior

but in a near feature, i'll probably buy it for other types of projects
its looks too damn good to skip it :P
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 16, 2018 1:08 pm

oy @Colludium

is it possible to limit the distance a revolute joint can be from it's original placement with your behavior?
cuz im having this type of problem here with the default physics behavior

when forced, the joints spread out
after a while they come back to the original position but i want to avoid it

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=203715&p=1175319
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 pm

@PlayerEmers - I don't think that there is and I suspect that this is a feature of all physics libraries (at least those based on box2d, from what I've seen).
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Colludium wrote:@PlayerEmers - I don't think that there is and I suspect that this is a feature of all physics libraries (at least those based on box2d, from what I've seen).

ooh... ok
i think i will just ignore this thing/make it a gameplay feature (if you force the wheels you lose? lol)

anyway, thanks for your replies and sorry about wasting your time
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Addons