Platform2 [behavior]

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:16 pm

Looking good.
The wall climbing seems a little limited, but that may just be how its set up.
Otherwise all the other stuff handles quite well.
Congrats.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks @newt! What else would you like to see to expand the wall-climb? I'll see what I can do... :)
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:15 pm

I kind of expected to climb on up button.
Perhaps as as an option like double jump?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:03 am

I've updated the demo to include an optional wall-climb using events - I think that anything more than a basic wall-climb (or wall-hang) isn't necessary because the event system is powerful enough for you to make it behave exactly as you wish. For example, do you want to wall hang and nothing else (the plugin default), do you want to climb using up/down when holding left or right so you can also jump up the wall using ctrl-up alone (as in my demo), or do you want to be able to climb using up/down and only be able to fall off the wall by using left or right (no jumps unless air jump enabled)? I don't think I could realistically and slickly satisfy all options.

As long as the mechanic you want is easily achievable using events then it doesn't need to be in the plugin, I think. I'll include the event-wall-climb demo with the plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 10, 2018 11:53 am

@Colludium when can we expect c3 port ?
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 10, 2018 7:04 pm

@Drago_18 - thanks for the interest! I can only provide support to the new c3 runtime if the sdk is completed and explains the runtime access methods that the Platform2 behavior uses (for collision filtering etc). As it stands all standard plugins are obfuscated so there is no way for me to figure this out (the SDK template says to look at standard plugin examples... :roll: ), and I don't have the time to try to guess how they work. No SDK explanation = no port to c3. I've explained my position to scirra and have been told that the SDK documentation will be completed soon. Until that happens then I can't do anything.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 11, 2018 2:11 am

@Colludium I hope they do it asap. btw Platform2 is really great behaviour, thanks :D
p.s. are you planning to add some more features to the behaviour?
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 11, 2018 2:58 am

Drago_18 wrote:@Colludium I hope they do it asap. btw Platform2 is really great behaviour, thanks :D

Thanks! What sort of extra features would you like - I'm open to suggestions and will include them if the coding won't kill me :).
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 am

@Colludium will start working on a project soon and implement the behaviour , yet to digest all the new features in Platform2, if something cool comes in mind will sure let you know :)
also I guess you haven't updated the demo of platform2 on the store page with the latest version of behaviour.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 11, 2018 10:36 am

Colludium wrote:
Drago_18 wrote:@Colludium I hope they do it asap. btw Platform2 is really great behaviour, thanks :D

Thanks! What sort of extra features would you like - I'm open to suggestions and will include them if the coding won't kill me :).

I'm not sure if it's technically possible :)
It would be interesting for complex projects - to have their own solids. Which would not be recognized as solid for the standard behaviors of C2.
Ideally, the solid objects are attached to the object.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons