Platform2 [behavior]

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 pm

@repkino - this might be possible - thank you for your idea! I'll take a look at it this weekend and see if I can make it work....
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
81
S
22
G
96
Posts: 2,467
Reputation: 58,351

Post » Fri May 11, 2018 5:09 pm

@Colludium - it would radically change the compatibility of the characters with a jump in 2.5D
B
29
S
13
G
13
Posts: 49
Reputation: 8,791

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Hello, a question, why this happens?

Image

Player 1 bounces when pushed
B
36
S
15
G
22
Posts: 958
Reputation: 15,226

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 6:47 pm

The Mnk wrote:Hello, a question, why this happens?

Image

Player 1 bounces when pushed


That's the standard Platform plugin's behavior - it happens because of how the plugin resolves collisions and overlaps. One of my big challenges for Platform2 was to ensure that this didn't happen (not easy - the standard plugin is very well written and highly optimized).
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
81
S
22
G
96
Posts: 2,467
Reputation: 58,351

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Colludium wrote:
The Mnk wrote:Hello, a question, why this happens?

Image

Player 1 bounces when pushed


That's the standard Platform plugin's behavior - it happens because of how the plugin resolves collisions and overlaps. One of my big challenges for Platform2 was to ensure that this didn't happen (not easy - the standard plugin is very well written and highly optimized).


Why do you say it's very well written?
I think that should not happen with platform behavior.

I have not tried it in other engines, maybe in other engines it also happens, I do not know.
B
36
S
15
G
22
Posts: 958
Reputation: 15,226

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 8:52 pm

The Mnk wrote:Why do you say it's very well written?
I think that should not happen with platform behavior.

I have not tried it in other engines, maybe in other engines it also happens, I do not know.


It's a manifestation of the push-out-solid function that is contained within the c2 core. If the Platform behavior was perfect then I wouldn't have wanted to make Platform2...!
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
81
S
22
G
96
Posts: 2,467
Reputation: 58,351

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 9:12 pm

Colludium wrote:
The Mnk wrote:Why do you say it's very well written?
I think that should not happen with platform behavior.

I have not tried it in other engines, maybe in other engines it also happens, I do not know.


It's a manifestation of the push-out-solid function that is contained within the c2 core. If the Platform behavior was perfect then I wouldn't have wanted to make Platform2...!


Ok, could we create a bug / notice about this?
B
36
S
15
G
22
Posts: 958
Reputation: 15,226

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 9:22 pm

The Mnk wrote:Ok, could we create a bug / notice about this?


I'm not sure why I would want a limitation/bug in a standard plugin fixed if it's providing my plugin with a selling point... ;)
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
81
S
22
G
96
Posts: 2,467
Reputation: 58,351

Post » Sat May 19, 2018 10:27 am

Colludium wrote:
The Mnk wrote:Ok, could we create a bug / notice about this?


I'm not sure why I would want a limitation/bug in a standard plugin fixed if it's providing my plugin with a selling point... ;)


If Scirra solves this, one thing will happen:
We will all benefit from it.

It can also happen that you get rid of this problem and focus on other features of the plugin.
But that's up to you.

Anyway, I opened an error report.
B
36
S
15
G
22
Posts: 958
Reputation: 15,226

Previous

Return to Work in Progress Addons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests