[RESOLVED] Issue with Kizi / GameDistribution.com

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Mon May 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi gamecorpstudio. Thanks for your attention but I think you misunderstood the situation. I'm absolutely fine with people embedding my swf on their page infact I offer it freely to webmasters and Super Stacker 2 is hosted on many different websites. If they hotlinked the game on Newgrounds like you mentioned that would be fine as it would still be intact. What I'm not ok with is people taking apart games and rebuilding them with their branding and adverts in without paying any licensing fees or revenue share to the developer. That's stealing!

Incredibly disappointing to see such a large company behaving like that. They are well aware of the situation now and we'll see if we can come to an agreement. If not I have successfully taken action against companies for similar behaviour in the past and I'm happy to take that route again.
B
S

Post » Mon May 14, 2018 5:12 pm

okgaz wrote: If they hotlinked the game on Newgrounds like you mentioned that would be fine as it would still be intact. What I'm not ok with is people taking apart games and rebuilding them with their branding and adverts in without paying any licensing fees or revenue share to the developer. That's stealing!

Hey, i understood what you were saying, i think you miss understood what i was saying, i was saying they did not take your game apart and altered the code, their portal has a overlay splash screen and advert area over the game embed area, and also triggers a advert each 5 10 seconds. to do that you don't need to reverse engineer the game. you can do that even with wordpress... or even plain html5 css ... like they are doing, using their custom CMS.

case in point, their CMS is provided by orange company .... which delivers splashscreens over embeded games taken from internet

see codes

Code: Select all
https://html5.gamedistribution.com/3de0c1fd03414f92b4324ebfe54fc562/version.js?v=1526317379492
view-source:https://html5.gamedistribution.com/3de0c1fd03414f92b4324ebfe54fc562/index.html
view-source:https://gamedistribution.com/games/super-stacker-2#/
https://html5.gamedistribution.com/3de0c1fd03414f92b4324ebfe54fc562/super-stacker-2.min.js?v=24

that entire code in all those source files, what they do is overlay ads over the game area.

Edited: atleast thats what i was thinking before (the above response).... but then i found this lil code in some script on their website...
b.exports = {
                name: "p2",
                version: "0.7.0",
                description: "A JavaScript 2D physics engine.",
                author: "Stefan Hedman <[email protected]> (http://steffe.se)",
                keywords: ["p2.js", "p2", "physics", "engine", "2d"],
                main: "./src/p2.js",
                engines: {
                    node: "*"
                },
                repository: {
                    type: "git",
                    url: "https://github.com/schteppe/p2.js.git"
                },
                bugs: {
                    url: "https://github.com/schteppe/p2.js/issues"
                },
                licenses: [{
                    type: "MIT"
                }],
                devDependencies: {
                    grunt: "^0.4.5",
                    "grunt-contrib-jshint": "^0.11.2",
                    "grunt-contrib-nodeunit": "^0.4.1",
                    "grunt-contrib-uglify": "~0.4.0",
                    "grunt-contrib-watch": "~0.5.0",
                    "grunt-browserify": "~2.0.1",
                    "grunt-contrib-concat": "^0.4.0"
                },
                dependencies: {
                    "poly-decomp": "0.1.0"
                }
            }
        }

not really sure what that does ... but im pretty sure that decompiles your game... and then alters it :O did not expect that ....you better lock your game on newgrounds domain. and contact them. or contact newgrounds about it.
Last edited by gamecorpstudio on Mon May 14, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 14, 2018 5:25 pm

I appreciate your research but they definitely decompiled and rebuilt it. For one thing one version is flash and the other is HTML5. Also they have confirmed that's what they did.
B
S

Post » Mon May 14, 2018 5:27 pm

okgaz wrote:I appreciate your research but they definitely decompiled and rebuilt it. For one thing one version is flash and the other is HTML5. Also they have confirmed that's what they did.

yeap i edited my response above... i found their decompiler .. and their turned your flash game into html5... snap... ok... ehm locking all my content from now on. thanks for sharing.

Side note: not sure why they had to decompile your game? they couldv overlay cms ads over the game itself... without altering your game... but i guess they really wanted to brand it as theirs...

Also after the confirmation from their side... did you got a deal back? or they just say .... no more offer on table? just curious.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 14, 2018 6:16 pm

gamecorpstudio wrote:locking all my content from now on. thanks for sharing.

Yes, worth doing! If you figure out a good technique can just repeat it for all of your games.

gamecorpstudio wrote:Also after the confirmation from their side... did you got a deal back? or they just say .... no more offer on table? just curious.

They contacted me today, will see if we can reach an agreement. Hopefully I can update this thread with a [Resolved] tag in the future.
B
S

Post » Mon May 14, 2018 8:04 pm

What gamecorpstudio described with embedding Newgrounds games has actually happened to me, just on some other portal.
In fact I was looking at Gamedistribution's sdk as a possible solution for unofficial embeds by having integrated advertising.
But there's not much information on how its all supposed to work, and since they seem to want to be part of the distribution process, I find it a little iffy.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 14, 2018 8:20 pm

I think they supposedly pay developers 33%, publishers 33% and keep 33% themselves. As you can see though my first impressions of this company are very bad.
B
S

Post » Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 am

newt wrote:What gamecorpstudio described with embedding Newgrounds games has actually happened to me, just on some other portal.
In fact I was looking at Gamedistribution's sdk as a possible solution for unofficial embeds by having integrated advertising.
But there's not much information on how its all supposed to work, and since they seem to want to be part of the distribution process, I find it a little iffy.

i found the following links to get an idea of what their using for their ads, however the most important part is the decompiler. without it you can't embed your own ads in a game. you could overlay like i mentioned above your CMS ads over the game area like kongregate does. but that will be bad for user gameplay if you trigger the ads mid gameplay.
://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@orange-games/[email protected]/build/phaser-ads.min.js << ://phaser.io/
://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/sdkloader/ima3.js << this is for google tracking ads. ://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/
most important one was the decompiler to turn the flash into html5 automatically, which from coding perspective is some awesome tool. that can be found above.

you can use
http://jsbeautifier.org/

to make the js readable
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Update: Since making this post GameDistribution.com have reached out to me and we're working to find a fair solution so this story may have a happy ending.
B
S

Previous

Return to Distribution and Publishing