Why do rep points always go down?

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi All,

I just changed my profile and came to the conclusion that afterwards, I lost a lot of rep points again.

I thought I experienced this in the past again. Also the join date should be in May 2014 but it is now May or June 2017.

I have the impression that something is wrong with the forum.
B

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 1:19 pm

It is even worse because the former post is my first post. That is what the forum tells me.

However, I made much more posts. Also my reputation post is also much more than 127!!!!

Can somebody look into this error please?

Thank you.
B

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 pm

This might sound obvious, but... are you sure you're logging in to the correct account?
It's just a guess, but it sounds to me like you have more than 1 account.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Hello Lancifer,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I only have one account. When accessing my account this afternoon I was asked to change my password and to confirm my email again.

Because I was no longer using that email I changed the email and confirmed again. Also the password was saved.

When leaving and choosing save, this happened.

Chris
B
S

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi again,

Now after posting my former message, now everything is back to normal again. I do not know what went wrong but it is fixed again.

Thank you very much for your reply and your help. I appreciate that very much.

Chris
B
S

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Friend, call me crazy, but I'm seeing you use 2 different accounts in this thread. One is "bad_wolf" and the other is "Bad Wolf".
This doesn't happen from changing passwords or emails. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 18, 2018 5:57 pm

You quite obviously have more than one account which is a violation of the Forum Rules, specifically:

One account per person. Alt accounts, joke accounts, parachute accounts and the like are not necessary and not allowed.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 19, 2018 7:04 pm

Hello Lancifer,

Thank you again for your email and your explanation. You are indeed correct, I have two accounts.

The account "Bad Wolf" I am using for the forum since 2015.

The account "Bad_Wolf" I created last year for the Construct 3 subscription.

I do not know why I did that. However, it seems when the Bad_Wolf account will be deleted, I also loose the C3 subscription.

If not for the C3 subscription, I have no need for two accounts.

My C3 license will expire on 2 june. I want to renew. I am thinking on canceling the C3 subscription on the Bad_Wolf account and take a new subscription on the Bad Wolf account. But I am not sure if this is a good idea.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you very much.

Chris
B
S

Post » Sun May 20, 2018 9:12 am

Hi again,

After looking seriously into those two accounts, I am gonna leave them for now.

The problem was that I am using one account for payments for the Construct 3 subscription and the other (the eldest) I am using for accessing the forum. I had a lot of trouble connecting my new creditcard with that account and do not want to go to all the hassle again.

When I change the forum access account I loose all my postings which is also far from ideal. I simply came into this mess last year when subscribing for Construct. I cannot login with my forum account into C3, because then I can only use the free version of Scirra. Also I do not like to connect my credit card with public places like forums. Anyway I prefer Paypal instead of a credit card.

Thank you again Lancifer and Zenox98 for your help which is really appreciated.
B
S

Return to General Discussion