Side-Scrolling Fighter Example

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Sat May 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Here is a side scrolling fighting game I was working on. It's not complete, but should give you some help with combos and a simple buffering system. There's minimal comments in the event sheets so if you have any questions, please post them here.

EXE
CAP

You'll also need this effect file:
Drop Shadow 2

Thanks to ToraLord for updating the controls.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 29, 2010 11:48 pm

Kudos for sharing this Lou, really appreciated!

~t
B
G

Post » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:30 am

Very impressive share! This is by far the most polished available .cap for a platformer.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:34 am

nice example, i liked the sprites.

How is Bugs going BTW??? :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Glad I can give back something to the community!

[quote="abhilash2863":2weu719b]How is Bugs going BTW???[/quote:2weu719b]

It's going really well! I'm looking to release a demo soon with missions, a boss battle, upgrades, etc. I mostly have graphics work to finish up before i release it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:40 pm

This... actually makes me feel depressed. I wish SO MUCH I could've thought of this. This is BEAUTIFUL. A WONDERFUL execution. How the combo was done, I wish I could do. The idea of the zoom-in for approaching an enemy, how the "blow" animation looks... ARGH. It's all stuff I'd wanna do in my own game. ;_; I just lack the imagination to realise any of it and the talent. This is awesome. The fluid animation, I want animation that nice... Argh. >< This has made me feel inferior now.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:00 pm

very nice uberlou.
have you ever worked on a full game before?

and is this just going to be an example or an actual game...commercial? free?

[quote="Kisai":cj05771c]This... actually makes me feel depressed. ... Argh. >< This has made me feel inferior now.[/quote:cj05771c]
That's the spirit!
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:07 pm

This is brilliant. It will be a great reference if I ever get around to making a metroidvania game, which I would love to do.

Thanks for contributing it, UberLou.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:55 pm

[quote="Kisai":xbamx0c6]This... actually makes me feel depressed. I wish SO MUCH I could've thought of this[/quote:xbamx0c6]
It's not really too original, everything is pretty much concepts from other game, zooming, combos etc. I just like to see if I can figure out how to do it too.

[quote="lucid":xbamx0c6]have you ever worked on a full game before?[/quote:xbamx0c6]
I've tried to make full games in Gamemaker before but the coding always got too complicated for me to work on. I'm not much of a programmer so my "hacky" solutions for things we're always a pain to work with. I've been doing much better trying to make a full game in Construct. It's easier for my brain to handle :) Bug Army is the farthest I've gotten.

[quote="lucid":xbamx0c6]and is this just going to be an example or an actual game...commercial? free?[/quote:xbamx0c6]
This was my first attempt at a game with Construct. Once I got into bone animation I stuck with that, mostly to save on VRAM because the amount of animations I wanted to do. So this is now just an example.
B
S
G

Return to Your tutorials & example files