About this forum

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm

As per popular request, I've set up a forum for competitions!

I think some users are interested in running competitions, so I'll leave it to whoever is interested. I'd recommend, however:
- a regular monthly competition, so people know when the next one is and can plan for it (e.g. get some team mates together)
- a "token" prize - doesn't have to be anything serious, maybe just a picture of a badge :)
- "just for fun" informal atmosphere - just for some game making fun, not the kind of thing where it's worth getting upset over results or anything.

As I said, I suppose you can arrange everything yourselves - maybe the winner of the last competition could choose the theme for the next month's. It's just for fun, so I'm sure everyone can come to a consensus on something. If you need any help, send me a PM (I tend to be pretty busy these days).

You can use this forum for both Construct Classic and Construct 2 competitions - don't forget to specify if you want to run a competition for just one in particular, or both.

We also used to run 1-hour competitions which were popular in their day. If you want to organise something similar on an impromptu basis, feel free to make a thread, but make sure you post far ahead enough in advance to give everyone time to find out about it too.

Have fun!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 7:30 pm

I've created a sticky thread for testing your competition ideas here:
The Thunderdome

To keep forum clutter and broken hearts to a minimum, I strongly urge everyone to use it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 10:12 pm

Just noticed there's no link to this forum on the index.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Newt "Just noticed there's no link to this forum on the index"
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Where is the link to this forum on the main pages?

You have to type 'competitions' into the search to find it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:55 pm

It's in the Your Creations section, but there's no link to it on the main page.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Thanks...it's not easy to find?
B
S
G

Return to Construct Classic Discussion