[Plugin] Azure Mobile Services for Windows 8

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:43 am

This plugin for Construct 2 makes it easy to integrate the power of Azure Mobile Services into your games for Windows 8. Saving to the cloud is a great way to seamlessly store data for achievements, leaderboards, save games, user data and lots more!

Example basic use case:
The player gets a new high score and wants to post it online so others can try and beat them! With this plugin they can login using either Facebook, Microsoft, Google or Twitter and add their score to an Azure database. Then when they go to the leaderboards page, they can pull down the data and see how they rank! They can even make use of advanced filtering and sorting to see only their scores, scores from a specific user and more!

Advanced use case:
After rolling your own level editor you want a way for users to be able to save their creations privately and securely in the cloud. Using authentication you can filter levels by user so only they can see/edit their own creations, until they choose to publish then other users will be able to play, rate and comment.

Conditions

Data

- On Query Completed
- On Record Deleted
- On Record Inserted
- On Record Updated

Data Error Handling

- On Query Error
- On Record Delete Error
- On Record Insert Error
- On Record Update Error

Identity

- Is User Authenticated
- On Authenticate Success
- On Logged Out

Identity Error Handling

- On Authenticate Error

Actions

Data

- Delete Existing Record
- Insert New Record
- Query Table
- Update Existing Record

Identity

- Authenticate User
- Log Out

Expressions

- LastData
- LastFullName
- LastUserID

Download
Download the .c2addon plugin file (r120.2 and above only)

Example
.capx example file

Documentation
View the documentation online

Source
View the source on CodePlex

Users that may be interested: @iunkn, @itdevelop, @benhigg, @EyeHawk, @ArcadEd, @SocalSam, @moenchlax, @Aphixe, @loyalpenguin, @Kyrielich, @alberthrs, @sbucci, @fixious, @Po10c, @bWard, @dgsStan, @yoshua, @Jayjay, @InTheHeaven, @lambomann007, @mattharrington, @kenhes, @wsmickeys, @stephenhothehen2013-02-28 09:55:20
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Yay! Will give it a try today. Please update the WP8 plugin too!

You rock!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Nice one, was wondering when you'd announce this since the Tiga event some weeks back.

Currently I'm using clay.io but I'd be interested in using AZURE.

What's the pricing actually like (after the 90 day free trial.

Is it realistic to run a small game with 100MB Database and 40gb bandwidth for $8.60 a month? Or is it actually going to be a lot more than that?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 am

@labithiotis That's a good question - I'll get someone from Microsoft to clarify for you.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi Labithiotis

A Standard tariff, you have listed should be more than enough.

However I would advise you setup a temp account to model the costs simply sign up here for a FREE 90 day trial. http://aka.ms/azure_trial

The process is simple takes 2-3 minutes.

You will be asked to enter your credit card details for identity verification. The spending limit on your card will be automatically set to 0.00. If at the end of your free period youd like to remove the spending limit, you can. Otherwise it will remain in force forever. So you can get a model and greater understanding of the cost of running the plugin.

Best wishes

Lee
B

Post » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:19 am

Does this plugin work for Windows Phone or is it strictly Windows 8?

Thanks,
Michael
B

Post » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:04 pm

@BusyPixel this is just Windows 8 I'm afraid, Windows Phone doesn't support HTML5/JS natively so it would have to be rewritten in C#.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 28, 2013 6:56 am

Hey, I was just wondering if such a plugin existed today. And then I found this and saw my name under "Users that may be interested" It's like you're reading my mind/the future!! :P
But good job! Looking forward to giving this plugin a whirl in about a month or so. I want to add some online/cloud stuff into a game I'll be making after the current Windows 8 comp is over.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 am

Another fantastic plugin by @thehen. Great work mate! :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:36 am

@thehen would you recommend using authorize? for just a highscore table

also, with the new merging of windows and windows phone, will this work in the future with windows phone do you think?

thanks
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Addons