Windows Phone 8 Export, no apostrophes allowed

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:37 am

Link to .capx file (required!):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/554309/CantApostrophe.capx

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create new empty C2 project
2. Set project properties title to something with an apostrophe, like "Can't Apostrophe"
3. Export to Windows Phone 8
4. Open project in Visual Studio
5. Try to "Deploy Solution", then the following errors are reported by Visual Studio:

Description                        File      Project

x:Class="Can'tApostrophe.App" is not valid. 'Can'tApostrophe.App' is not a valid fully qualified class name.     C:\Users\Danial\Desktop\Can't Apostrophe\App.xaml     Can'tApostrophe

x:Class="Can'tApostrophe.MainPage" is not valid. 'Can'tApostrophe.MainPage' is not a valid fully qualified class name.     C:\Users\Danial\Desktop\Can't Apostrophe\MainPage.xaml     Can'tApostrophe

Observed result:
Errors in creating the namespace for the Windows Phone app.

Expected result:
I guess, users having an apostrophe in their titles shouldn't have to cause a problem for them after they export the project.

Additional Info:
- As I looked through the files in my "C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\wp8" directory, it appears that you have the placeholder `[[[shortname]]]` for the C2 project's title. You take out the spaces, but not the apostrophe (aka, single quote), and possibly other symbols.
- I found the documentation for a fully qualified namespace, "A qualifying namespace name is not a valid element name. A name must contain only alphabetic characters, decimal digits, and underscores, and must begin with an alphabetic character or underscore (_).". More info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tb2h5dds(v=vs.90).aspx

Browsers affected:
Chrome: n/a
Firefox: n/a
Internet Explorer: n/a

Operating system & service pack:
Windows 8.1 Enterprise, 64-bit

Construct 2 version:
beta release r156

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanks, should be fixed in the next build.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs