Virtual Petri Dish

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 am

Ok, First thanks to all that helped me out! This is my first descent working thingy... :lol: It's not really a game, but rather an experiment in AI that I am working on. Now that it is somewhat working, I thought i would show it off and get some comments (and errors that I can correct...)

[url:ipqxgcg3]http://www.box.net/shared/bkaeaz1x1s[/url:ipqxgcg3]

Thanks for any input..

Zater
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:44 am

That's actually kind of neat to watch :). Looking forward to seeing more.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:08 am

Haha, that's great! I love it :D I felt bad for dropping one outside the Petri Dish :)

You could have added a distort/lens like effect as they swam around, kinda like in Spore. But that's just for show of course.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Aw Cool! you can do that? OK, now you will have to explain how... Is it an effect? Actually i wanted to add something like that to the right so you can place a Flablet on an examination table that is "up close" and experiment/examine the species. That may take a little more studying on my part before I can achieve it though.

Zetar
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Why is my system reporting Smitfraud-C when I run that exe? Says that is is spyware. Is that a false positive? Any one else getting that?

I would hate to get a virus by watching a program about bacteria. LOL
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:06 pm

[quote="Zetar":1xci4jiv]Aw Cool! you can do that? OK, now you will have to explain how... Is it an effect? Actually i wanted to add something like that to the right so you can place a Flablet on an examination table that is "up close" and experiment/examine the species. That may take a little more studying on my part before I can achieve it though.

Zetar[/quote:1xci4jiv]

You could have them spawn circular grayscale textures from just behind them as they move, with a lens or magnify shader on them, and increase the size slightly before fading out. If you add a background under them, it should give a neat water like appearance.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:01 pm

[quote="Guyon":2mt7kjdc]Why is my system reporting Smitfraud-C when I run that exe? Says that is is spyware. Is that a false positive? Any one else getting that?

I would hate to get a virus by watching a program about bacteria. LOL[/quote:2mt7kjdc]

Thats strange... I did a scan of the file and found nothing. If someone else could scan the zip file and let me know if there is a virus, I would appreciate it... If so, I need to get a new virus protection software!!!!!!

Those pesky Flablets are at it again!!!!!!!

Zetar
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:04 pm

[quote="Lost my Keys":2059k0eq]You could have them spawn circular grayscale textures from just behind them as they move, with a lens or magnify shader on them, and increase the size slightly before fading out. If you add a background under them, it should give a neat water like appearance.[/quote:2059k0eq]

Neat idea. I need to work out a lot more issues before I really get into the "cool look" phase, but I will keep that in mind.

Zetar
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:13 pm

That came up my my spybot not my ani-virus program. So it may have been a false positive.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:46 pm

That's pretty cool. I'm thinking that more detail on the graphics would make it better.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Your Creations