Visual Studio Express 2010 for Plugins?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This music pack covers differents situations for visual novels, anime games and many more!
  • Anybody know if 2010 Express works for making Construct plugins?

I know the 2008 Express version works with some tweaking... but I ran into bugs in certain more complex MFC cases. I still think that Construct 2 should support plugins written with the Express version.

• It should work, what are the bugs?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Awhile back I was going to make a screenshot plugin... I don't think it is Construct related, but I was trying to compile some code I found for taking screenshots that used MFC. I was using VIsual Studio Express 2008. I kept on getting errors and wasn't able to resolve them. I figured if it didn't work with plain old express then it definitely wont work as a plugin. I can't locate the code right now...so who knows maybe I was just being a noob. However, from what I understand the DDK doesn't necessarily work with all features of MFC according to this:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/MFC/MFCin ... press.aspx

Edit: So it looks like it will work fine for plugins, but just don't plan on using all MFC or ATL features. http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ ... mspx#EXLAE

[August 2009] ATL Best Practice - Use the Visual Studio release

""""

ATL is included in the WDK as a convenience for driver developers who need to create Windows applets for their drivers. ATL should not be used for software development beyond this scope. The ATL that is available through Visual Studio provides a more complete and current set of libraries and should be used for development of software and web applications. Visual C++ Express Edition is available for free from MSDN. """

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)