Wall Jump temperamental?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • I've created a wall jump mechanic whereby when a variable is a certain value, the character is a certain offset from a wall and the up key is pressed, the character will move by a certain vector. In theory this seems to work, and even in practice it works the way I want, however the problem is that it doesn't always work. Sometimes the character will just slide down the wall, even when the up key is mashed. I even created a value check text to make sure the variable was the correct value.

What could be going wrong? I can't see any logical reason why this would be happening. I've provided a download link to the file below.

All help appreciated!

capx: megafileupload [DOT] com/5scd/wallJump.capx

[EDIT]

Nevermind, I solved it. Turns out the problem was that the 'is jumping' condition meant that if the character was falling, it wouldn't trigger the condition.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Glad you solved it...

Although there is a plugin (Platform+) that has a built in wall jump feature...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)