Want to build a Team

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:55 am

Looking for designers, artists, web designers, composers to come together under one name and become a game development team. Would like to have people to bring game ideas with them that they would like to purpose to the team. Work on projects from the ground up use independent funding with what ever assistance we can get from kickstarter.com and any other. Team lead to which ever game is decided upon is the person who had the base line idea. The first project is volunteer (if funding is available will be paid), if the project has a profit it will be pushed out to the team and any future projects will paid projects. Current website is HolyHellgames.com and HolyHell is the name I'd like to release the games under in association with which ever names you bring to the team. Any questions please email me at [email protected] looking forward to building a team.
B

Post » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:18 am

I'm going to go ahead and offer my opinion here about the name. The rest is all fine, you're looking for a team, makes sense.

HolyHell Games sounds very amateurish and I can see religious folk possibly taking issue with it. Also, saying HolyHell is the name these games are going to be released under is basically bringing to light a point that you tried to cleverly hide - you're not looking to form a team, you're looking to 'get' a team.

The team should have the right to choose the team name, what website it is published under, etc.

Just my two cents.
Project Lead of Zems Online Card Game

Producer at Impulse Limited
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:58 am

Naughty dog sounds amateurish but its one of my favorite and has a major release series under it. As im trying to bring the team together it would be my team and any thing that's made by the team would be released HolyHell/(insertname). As for the religious aspect as I'am not they can take up what ever issues they wish. I thank you for your input
B

Post » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:56 am

Also have the name Shiny Squirrel.
B

Post » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm up for it but not if it's called HolyHell Games. I was thinking maybe WildBit Games. I could make you a logo as well!Digilogue Games2013-08-09 19:14:01
Sorry about the username, old account XD
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:26 pm

@Digilogue Games "WildBit Games." Cool name

@chadnon If you want an team you should, tell us what your skill(s) are.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:17 am

[QUOTE=chadnon] Naughty dog sounds amateurish but its one of my favorite and has a major release series under it. [/QUOTE]

Naughty Dog is also a company that is paying its employees to develop games.

You're trying to bring together a volunteer group but at the same time telling this group that they have to release under HolyHell Games.

I don't mean to hijack your thread. I think saying you want to form a team to build a game is excellent, since multiple people will likely make a better game. However, the release-name restriction you are stubbornly applying to a volunteer team is likely not going to get you many willing developers.Excal2013-08-10 01:20:55
Project Lead of Zems Online Card Game

Producer at Impulse Limited
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:42 pm

@Excal good point.

And here's my tip (based on experience): if you get a team together, make sure you have an art director (can be one of the game artist. Or if there's more, the best one). Get feedback from the whole team, but let the art director have the final say. That way the game will have a consistent look (if the art director is any good), and the artist(s) won't quit after 2 weeks. dhondon2013-08-10 14:43:31
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:54 pm

[QUOTE=dhondon] @Excal good point.

And here's my tip (based on experience): if you get a team together, make sure you have an art director (can be one of the game artist. Or if there's more, the best one). Get feedback from the whole team, but let the art director have the final say. That way the game will have a consistent look (if the art director is any good), and the artist(s) won't quit after 2 weeks. [/QUOTE]

+1 on this advice.
Past experience - programmer/game designers make for terrible art directors :/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:59 pm

I have a question, you want the game under name X(HolyHell), but then who owns the IP? The game designer in question or HolyHell(you)?

I think it's a fine idea, but I'm not one to give up ownership of my IP.

I'm not an artist or composer, just a programmer.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests