Want to build an NFL Management Game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi everyone. I'm in the process of building a NFL football style management game. I'm wondering if Construct 2 can help me out. I would like to have Construct 2 generate the play on the field. Here is an example of the process:

1. The user on offense for example will pick a play out of a list of plays.
2. This will generate a decision in my server side code for the system to pick a defensive play in response.
3. Here is where Construct 2 comes in. Can I communicate with Construct to generate the offensive and defensive side of football to run out the play? For example, place players on the field based on the play called. Can I pass for example variables such as the speed of the runner from a database or a wide receivers jumping ability?

If you would like more information, I can explain further. Thanks everyone.
B

Post » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 pm

1.- floor(random(ArrayObject))
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:52 am

Thanks for the quick comment. I'm assuming this is a yes. I just starting using Construct so I have not seen how to interface with it yet. As long as I can automatically generate a layer with the players, that will work.
B

Post » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:52 am

[QUOTE=okyjoe] Thanks for the quick comment. I'm assuming this is a yes. I just starting using Construct so I have not seen how to interface with it yet. As long as I can automatically generate a layer with the players, that will work.[/QUOTE]

You can communicate with external database via AJAX/PHP, check the AJAX manual entry for more detailed info on how to proceed :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 pm

[QUOTE=okyjoe]As long as I can automatically generate a layer with the players, that will work.[/QUOTE]
2.- create Sprite on Layer N

yes, SC2 will work fine man.

B
S
G

Return to How do I....?