Want to develop game but have no money

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:18 am

@ex32

If your game is "simply superb" as you say, you could pitch it on KickStarter, IndieGoGo or other crowd funding sites and try to raise money for a license and development that way.

If it's a good idea, presented well and has realistic goals, then people will back it.

I am able to create the game in weeks.

Then why haven't you?

Use the free version of Construct 2 to make it or at least a basic version of it, then you can show people what you've got and that it's not just an idea.

People are more likely to back something they can see.

new graphics, game mechanics and sounds and story

Are you creating the new graphics and sounds yourself, using free stuff or buying it?

If you're buying it then that's another expense for which you'll need to raise money.

i wont be able to put it on google store or Apple store because i dont own a personal license for construct 2

As has been said above, if you can't afford the license then you probably can't afford the store fees either.

There are lots of HTML5 game sites that you can monetize your game on before releasing on the stores, you still need a license though.

Kongregate, Game Jolt and Newgrounds are just the beginning, there are dozens of sites big and small that you can release your game on. Do a search for HTML5 games sites and I'm sure you will find plenty.
Vote for all the Construct 2 games on Steam Greenlight - Find them here
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:42 pm

I am unable to reply private messages at this moment. In case you wish to contact me , here is my skype.

Cry.Development
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:55 pm

And i am using only my art , my sounds and music from some free sources. I dont like using free or buying any assets , as i am able to create it myself.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:21 pm

ex32 wrote:i am using only my art , ..., as i am able to create it myself.

Not everyone can create art, so you could consider selling game art packs to raise money to buy the Construct 2 license.
Vote for all the Construct 2 games on Steam Greenlight - Find them here
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:13 pm

OddConfection wrote:Not everyone can create art, so you could consider selling game art packs to raise money to buy the Construct 2 license.

Very good point !
And you can provide it to the new store as it is still/always looking for assets.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:11 pm

good idea , thank you
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic