War of the Tribes - Turn-Based Strategy Game

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
A well commented RPG game template to learn from or use as a base for your own game!
  • This is the new game I've been working on for about a while now and I think it's time to put it on the arcade. You can try it here. War of the Tribes

War of the Tribes is a turn-based strategy game that I based off of the Civilization games by Sid Meier. You play local multiplayer on one computer and alternate turns.

As soon as I add the rest of the game mechanics, I will focus on trying to get better graphics before putting this game on the Google Chrome store.

Don't forget to post any comments or suggestions after you have tried it.

• The game hung at this..."Adding Finishing Touches" and it was stuck.. I had to Alt-F4

• Yeah. Sometimes it gets stuck at the very end of the map generation. Sometimes I have to restart and try again. I'm not positive why it does this, but I'll try to fix it soon.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • not sometimes, everytime for me. The last time it wouldn't even close with an Alt-F4 I had to End Task in Task manager.

sounds like a major issue...

• Yeah. I know. I'll try to get it fixed in the next update. Sorry about that

• Alright. I just uploaded a new version that I hope will result in much less frequent crashes during map generation. I hope this fixes your problem jobel .

• Just uploaded War of the tribes to the Scirra Arcade! You can try it here.War of the Tribes

Don't forget to rate/comment it after you've tried it!!

• Just uploaded a new version with a tutorial that better explains how to play!

• Uploaded V1.2.2.0 This update better stabilizes the world generator and I hope results in it freezing way less often.

• Uploaded V1.2.3.0 - Just another update I hope better stabilizes the world generator

• I liked watching the world generation.

I played a little bit, but both in the tutorial and in the game, the second or third time I moved 3 times and ran out of moves, I could not advance the game using the spacebar or x, I was stuck, not moving. What am I missing?

• I liked watching the world generation.

I played a little bit, but both in the tutorial and in the game, the second or third time I moved 3 times and ran out of moves, I could not advance the game using the spacebar or x, I was stuck, not moving. What am I missing?

You cannot advance the turns if you have any units/cities highlighted. If you had the unit highlighted, you cannot end your turn.

You can press "esc" to unhighlight your unit.

And you only end the turn with "X" on a gamepad(X-box controller), not the keyboard

• Uploaded V1.2.4.0

• Improved map generator
    • Improved controls for PC
    • Highlighted available techs in red
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)