Warp as a Layer Effect

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • I've got water in my game on its own layer, and am using the Warp effect on that layer to give an illusion of movement and turbulence. Looks great when you stand still, but as the camera moves, so too does the Warp effect. It seems linked to the camera, and that gives the illusion of faster turbulence in the water when the camera moves.

The water speeds up when you move, and slows back down when you remain stationary.

Is there a way to make the layer effects independent from the camera? Or perhaps a better way of warping things in a specific area?

• When you apply an effect to a layer, that effect will always work in screen space, not object space. That's why you have the impression of it being linked to a "camera".

You could try to compensate the camera speed by adding/subtracting it to/from warp's speed by an appropriate factor, but that's right from my head without having actually tested it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Would I be able to apply a Warp effect to a box then?

Say, place a box over the water, and have a Warp effect affect everything inside the box, on that layer only. I don't want it to warp the player as well when he's in the water though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)