Was 1920x1080 w/ scale 3, now 480x270 w/ letterbox scale...

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • ... and my parallax layers are totally wrong! Is there some way I can multiply the old parallax values to get everything to align properly without any re-positioning?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Multiply your paralax by 4 and they should fit?

Scale by 3 is 480x4=1920

Scale by 3 is 270x4=1080

• Multiply your paralax by 4 and they should fit?

Scale by 3 is 480x4=1920

Scale by 3 is 270x4=1080

It's so weird, all the positions got screwed up as well, so I've had to manually move all of the parallax objects in the layers as well, and put them a lot lower down that they were, and they don't line up anywhere near when I've got "parallax in editor" on. It's a huge trial and error bodge, not really sure if there's a way of getting the positions the same any other way?

• That scale feature is a bit wonky. I remember using the first few times trying to use decimal numbers and nothing fit. It only works with whole numbers or you get strange results

That may be causing problems with paralaxes if they are not in multiples of 8 bits. You might resize them to a multiple of 8 and see if that works?

• That scale feature is a bit wonky. I remember using the first few times trying to use decimal numbers and nothing fit. It only works with whole numbers or you get strange results

That may be causing problems with paralaxes if they are not in multiples of 8 bits. You might resize them to a multiple of 8 and see if that works?

Yeah, I thought the switch to WebGL2.0 sorted out most of the non-Po2 problems?

• > That scale feature is a bit wonky. I remember using the first few times trying to use decimal numbers and nothing fit. It only works with whole numbers or you get strange results

>

> That may be causing problems with paralaxes if they are not in multiples of 8 bits. You might resize them to a multiple of 8 and see if that works?

>

Yeah, I thought the switch to WebGL2.0 sorted out most of the non-Po2 problems?

Eh- webgl and canvas still experimental and have issues with scale. If you scale everything by multiples of 8 at the same time you scale the window it works but you have to do some calculations.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)