We'll pay you up to $200 to implement our API

0 favourites
  • Greetings!

My name is Matt, and I'm from FGL.com. In a nutshell, we help indie game devs distribute and monetize their creations, and we believe we're the best at doing so. As the title says, we're offering up to $200 in advance to implement our API into your HTML5 game. We're excited to announce that it now includes a plugin for Construct 2! We're offering to pay you to implement it because we're confident your HTML5 game will make money. Many developers on our platform already are. That's due in part to the great games developers are producing using software such as Construct 2, and our active approach to the HTML5 market. We've helped HTML5 game developers earn over $500,000 in 2014 so far, and earnings continue to rise right along the general interest in HTML5.

What the API currently offers:

• Ads
    • Cross promotion
    • Simple IAP's (premium unlock)
    • Publisher branding
    • Scoreboards

We're actively building upon the API, so we have other exciting features on the road map.

Once the API is implemented into your game, it gives us the power and flexibility to rapidly distribute it (with your permission of course). Whether a publisher purchases a license for it, or a marketplace wants to offer it in their catalog, we can manipulate the API on our end and deliver your game to their exact specifications. I highly suggest checking out the API for yourself to see how easy it is to work with!

You'll find the API and further information here: fgl[dot]com/html5

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-FGL_Matt

• Thanks newt

• FGLmatt

I would love to test the api in my game, but for some reason I'm getting the following error message when trying to run the example project (Im using C2 r168)

[quote:2alcovbx]Javascript error! UncoughtTypeError: Cannot call method 'next' of undifined http://lacalhost:50000/fgl.js, line 193 (col undefined)

Few more questions:

1. The Unlock Premium feature is great for "Freemium" distribution model , but does not allow in-app purchase. Do you plan to add such feature? I think that many game developers would be thankful if the could implement "fun money" mechanism and/or "game shop" were you can buy items that will serve you in the game (like a better vehicle, extra life, spells etc.)

2. When running InitiateUnlockFunction - how can I specify the required action to unlock? (it may be "pay x" or "share to x friends" etc...)

3. On ShowAd - how do I set the ad position on my layout? what is the ad size?

4. What is the average PPC you are paying on ad clicks? I couldn't find this data on your site

Thanks

• MaorKeshet: As explained in the accompanying documentation when downloading the SDK/C2 plugin, you have to add a few lines to the index.html file to properly start the API and so completely preview it.

3. You don't, the advertisement is opened "over" the canvas as a modal window.

• FGLmatt

I would love to test the api in my game, but for some reason I'm getting the following error message when trying to run the example project (Im using C2 r168)

[quote:2g6fr230]Javascript error! UncoughtTypeError: Cannot call method 'next' of undifined , line 193 (col undefined)

Few more questions:

1. The Unlock Premium feature is great for "Freemium" distribution model , but does not allow in-app purchase. Do you plan to add such feature? I think that many game developers would be thankful if the could implement "fun money" mechanism and/or "game shop" were you can buy items that will serve you in the game (like a better vehicle, extra life, spells etc.)

2. When running InitiateUnlockFunction - how can I specify the required action to unlock? (it may be "pay x" or "share to x friends" etc...)

3. On ShowAd - how do I set the ad position on my layout? what is the ad size?

4. What is the average PPC you are paying on ad clicks? I couldn't find this data on your site

Thanks

1. We are definitely working toward true in-app purchases in HTML5. Luckily we already have systems in place from our other services such as Gamersafe that will make the transition easier, though I'm not exactly sure when it will be ready, but it's on the road map.

2. Basically you have a function you can call which begins the process of 'unlocking' the game to premium mode, this will launch an in-app-payment window. You set the price later on when you upload it to the mobile platform.

3. Thanks Kyatric for the answer - You don't.

4. Currently, we're seeing around $10 eCPM for games going through our platform. Not bad atm!

• Thnx Matt and Kyatric

MaorKeshet: As explained in the accompanying documentation when downloading the SDK/C2 plugin, you have to add a few lines to the index.html file to properly start the API and so completely preview it.

I have seen the documentation about editing the index file after exporting. But I did not export anything. I was trying to preview from C2 fgl's sample project and I got the error.

• MaorKeshet: Well as far as I experienced, this error comes from trying to display an ad. All the other features from the SDK works without needing to export it.

• FGLmatt

Hey Matt, thanks for coming here and letting us know. We had another thread going on about the FGL api. So does this mean your team will be making an official plugin? Many... ok most developers here use C2 to either avoid JS programming or flat out can't write code at all. So they use C2 which is amazing robust model for VPL and game plugins are just fantastic.

Some one did make an attempt to make a Plugin, but was unfinished. I wrote a pure CAPX use of your SDK and posted to my site at( http://c2.studioryu.net/?download=fgl-capx ). Also Maor my pure CAPX will let you test with Preview. Otherwise you can't test the ads feature without loading the fgl.js.

So Matt, if you really want the C2 community to jump on board. Most will need an official plugin.

Also I would like to add In app purchases to my game on FGL, but in the mean time until your read. Do you have a suggestion? GoogleWallet, Amazon?... what would be the best based on distribution clients that FGL offers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • FGLmatt

Hey Matt, thanks for coming here and letting us know. We had another thread going on about the FGL api. So does this mean your team will be making an official plugin? Many... ok most developers here use C2 to either avoid JS programming or flat out can't write code at all. So they use C2 which is amazing robust model for VPL and game plugins are just fantastic.

Some one did make an attempt to make a Plugin, but was unfinished. I wrote a pure CAPX use of your SDK and posted to my site at( ). Also Maor my pure CAPX will let you test with Preview. Otherwise you can't test the ads feature without loading the fgl.js.

So Matt, if you really want the C2 community to jump on board. Most will need an official plugin.

Also I would like to add In app purchases to my game on FGL, but in the mean time until your read. Do you have a suggestion? GoogleWallet, Amazon?... what would be the best based on distribution clients that FGL offers.

Hi jayderyo,

Yes, we have an official plugin created by our team! Check out the new version of the API for yourself, and please let us know if you have feedback.

Regarding IAP's, you don't need to use specific service. Our API hooks into any IAP system that it gets published on and uses their service. You just need to follow the documentation on how to implement IAP's in our API.

• FGLmatt

You guys rock. That makes life so much easier. For the plugin and IAP . Since now there is an official plugin. I'm going to retire my capx implemention.

• FGLmatt

Could you please pass on to the programmers.

Thank you very much for your efforts for a C2 plugin. This plugin will go very well over with the community. Although could please add more "isFeatureXEnabled" also added the expression. That way we as developers could use the plugin with inline coding.m Thanks you guys rock

• I'm trying to run the original sample project by FGL with no success.

jayderyu 's project is working for me though. Thanx J. (this is regarding a different game BTW, not the toddler game)

I wonder what causes the error on the sample project.

• has anyone of you passed qa?

to this point i put two games up on fgl and they did send me screens like this for both games

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwdc59kfz8tot ... -09-38.png

with the comment: not working on Amazon Kindle

• Well using the FGL plugin won't work from preview. Because the FGL sdk should be loaded prior to running C2. The plugin doesn't load the sdk as far as I know. My capx force loads the sdk, and my sample holds to a black empty screen until the sdk loaded. I suggest for development using my CAPX force load group, but using FGL plugin. Since there is an official plugin my pure capx implementation should retired. but I'm leaving it up so every can access the Forceload feature.... use it on black screen

fldr

Yes. My game passed QA... and using my CAPX only implementation(don't use now). Though it's migrating to use the plugin.

Is your game landscape? Silk does not lock orientation. During the mobile online testing phase you will be asked what orientation your game plays in. Make sure you choose only landscape. FGL supposedly implemented there own orientation stuff.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)