Web App not working offline

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi,

This issue has been bugging me for months and I seem to be unable to find anyone able or at least willing to help. My game runs online on iOS through Google Drive, but will not run offline. Another app of mine DOES, however run offline. I've looked into the offline.appcache file and cannot see any blaring differences as to why this could be.

Anyone have any ideas? @Scirra?
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:56 am

The most common problem is you have not configured the correct MIME types on the server. This can mean the server does not even return the offline.appcache file.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Ashley wrote:The most common problem is you have not configured the correct MIME types on the server. This can mean the server does not even return the offline.appcache file.

Does Google Drive not have the right MIME type? Read a bit about it yesterday but have no idea how to change the MIME type.
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Also my other app (on the same Google Drive account) works fine offline
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:15 pm

Ashley wrote:The most common problem is you have not configured the correct MIME types on the server. This can mean the server does not even return the offline.appcache file.

@Ashley Okay, so I downloaded the other app (that IS working offline) from google drive and re-uploaded it. This new version does NOT work offline. So, has Google changed their settings? Something has changed, but the files are identical. Maybe the PC I'm uploading from?
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General