Web build version crashes on IOS 8.4.2 but works on IOS 9.0

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • Hi,

I have my game published on this site "http://hammerplay.com/Testing3/" and "http://hammerplay.com/Testing2/" built using lastest version construct 2.

It works perfectly on PC .But when I tried on an Ipad with IOS 8.4.2,it crashes on the second screen or randomly while loading itself.While it works without hiccups in IOS 9.0 ipad air which I have.The client also said it doesn't work in older version on Android 4+ version while I wasn't able to test it,but I have tested on devices on android devices with version 5.0+ and it works. Any pointers on where to look for this crash or ideas on why it crashes??? As this really urgent and I have run out of options any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

All my audio files have both m4a and ogg format.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Anyone,need some direction for this issue?... Ashley

• It's hard to help unless you describe exactly what is happening - what exactly are you seeing when you say it crashes?

If it works on iOS 9 it could be an iOS bug which was subsequently fixed, in which case there's nothing that can be done other than updating the device. Apple's stats say 85% of users are already on iOS 9 so this would only affect a minority of users. Also if the device hasn't got much memory then maybe it's running out.

• It's hard to help unless you describe exactly what is happening - what exactly are you seeing when you say it crashes?

If it works on iOS 9 it could be an iOS bug which was subsequently fixed, in which case there's nothing that can be done other than updating the device. Apple's stats say 85% of users are already on iOS 9 so this would only affect a minority of users. Also if the device hasn't got much memory then maybe it's running out.

Hi Ashely,

Thanks for the quick reply.Well most times the games doesn't go past the loader,the whole browser crashes.It happens on chrome,firefox and safari running on IOS 8 device.Some times,it does load ,but crashes randomly in some other places,by exiting/closing the browser itself. So your saying apart from IOS 8 bugs ,it could also be an running out of memory problem.Mostly the browser just crashes or closes when these crashes occurs.

• If the browser closes then that suggests a problem with the browser itself, it's not normally possible for web content to cause that. So it sounds very much like an iOS/Safari bug that was fixed. (Chrome and Firefox are just wrappers around the Safari browser engine on iOS, so will exhibit identical issues.) It's not normally practical for us to work around issues like that, especially when the next version of iOS has already fixed the problem. Given that a vast majority of users are on iOS 9, I don't see this as something that we should investigate further.

• If the browser closes then that suggests a problem with the browser itself, it's not normally possible for web content to cause that. So it sounds very much like an iOS/Safari bug that was fixed. (Chrome and Firefox are just wrappers around the Safari browser engine on iOS, so will exhibit identical issues.) It's not normally practical for us to work around issues like that, especially when the next version of iOS has already fixed the problem. Given that a vast majority of users are on iOS 9, I don't see this as something that we should investigate further.

Hi Ashley,

Solved.Figured it out.Yes it's a memory problem,since I have not been paying attention to video memory as it was only planned for PC first.Used crazy big textures and all,my bad. THanks for pointing in right direction that it could be memory issue.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)