Web Development Funny Idea!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • I just thought that web developers (or who knows HTML + CSS codes) can change any webpage to anything they want. Why not they can change it to all viewers as well?! That would be funny, like if you see facebook logo instead of google in google search or changes comments paragraphs here from black to red. Like you can almost do anything you want!

Web Developers, Thumbs up for you!

• I am pretty sure that, for obvious security reasons, you cannot alter a web page at its source, however, they exists extensions that alter the page on reception (most of them are not useful at all, like adwares, but others can prove useful, I think an extension exists that convert gifs to videos, which are lighter to download.)

I did not really understand the point of this topic though. So I may just be completely off topic.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah... you can't change the actual website, you CAN change the way it looks on your own screen. Like Aphrodite said, there's security measures with websites, or else the internet would be a whole bunch of pages that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. So I'm not really sure what you're getting at here either.

• Naji, I'm going to say this with all respect I owe you : Do you really have to make a new thread every single time an idea goes through your head? This is a rhetorical question.

• Naji, I'm going to say this with all respect I owe you : Do you really have to make a new thread every single time an idea goes through your head? This is a rhetorical question.

First, I don't know what "rhetorical" means. Second, is that means a good or a bad thing?

But yeah, when I experience something or an awesome or crazy idea pops in my head , I share it with the community for better views, and in return they also get more active, aware and discuss friendly with the community. My topics has an aim that I want the community to receive it.

• > Naji, I'm going to say this with all respect I owe you : Do you really have to make a new thread every single time an idea goes through your head? This is a rhetorical question.

>

First, I don't know what "rhetorical" means. Second, is that means a good or a bad thing?

But yeah, when I experience something or an awesome or crazy idea pops in my head , I share it with the community for better views, and in return they also get more active, aware and discuss friendly with the community. My topics has an aim that I want the community to receive it.

Rhetorical basically means he is making a point by asking a question... he is saying do you really have to start a new thread about meaningless stuff.

Rep is earned via quality, not quantity...

Let me ask you this...If you could only earn rep points by others actually giving you their rep points and not by making posts/comments/etc... how much rep would you actually have ???

As for your question I side with others who have mentioned having the world edit your website is not a good idea. It isn't even funny...Ask google who thought it was funny to allow people to write all over your website... what happened was competitors had a field day with leaving a graffiti of bad everything to trash the website ... and the website owner had no control.

The world is filled with bad people - bored people, who do bad things, or bad people who like to do bad things, either way... it won't be funny, trust me.

• Yes, plugins like this exist. They're called adware and malware. It's pretty easy to write a browser extension that swaps out an image or a color, just not very useful. Nor would it be very funny to be quite honest.

Better Idea is upsidedownternet via your router.

• DUTOIT So you are telling me not to post and be active on scirra? By the way this topic is in the open topic forum so I can post anything I want but ofcourse keeping it civil as it says. If it is an open topic I can make topics for "What is your fave color" and I shouldn't be judged. You are free to join the discussion or not in the open topic forum. Am I right? Not everything in this world about Game Dev!

• DUTOIT So you are telling me not to post and be active on scirra? By the way this topic is in the open topic forum so I can post anything I want but ofcourse keeping it civil as it says. If it is an open topic I can make topics for "What is your fave color" and I shouldn't be judged. You are free to join the discussion or not in the open topic forum. Am I right? Not everything in this world about Game Dev!

I'm not telling you anything... you are free to do as you please, open topic you can talk about whatever you want. You asked what "rhetorical" meant, I answered.

I know you are trying to get 10000 rep, which in order to do that you have up'd your posting. I was highlighting that "REAL" rep is gained via quality, not quantity. Which means that people consider you Highly if you have a track record of quality information. You are a prolific poster, whose posts lean on the quantity side, and very little quality.

Active is good, active is very good. But nobody cares what your favourite color is, and they shouldn't. That is the point. Nobody cares. I'm not judging you... you are free to post whatever you want.

You asked questions, I answered. You not happy with the answers?

• Ok let's keep it civil with the tones alright guys?

Not everything in this world about Game Dev!

I would like to remind you that, there's a different between open topic and off topic. Your statement is untrue for scirra's forum scope. Everything is about gamedev in this forum.

Open topic:

Anything that discuss within the scope of gamedev which is not covered by other subforums. For example, a breakthrough in the mobile technology, the acquisition of phonegap by adobe, feminist movement on games culture, my favorite colour pallette for games etc etc...

Off-Topic

Anything that diverge from the forum scope and the mutual interest of the community (which is gamedev). For example, my favorite colour.

PS: What's the deal with 10000rep anyway?

• Ok let's keep it civil with the tones alright guys?

Lol, I thought I was being civil... guess it can be read with a tone. Didn't mean it to have a such a tone.

Read this with tone: I demand a tutorial on multiplayer from you

Seriously, this is awesome.

I have the hosts screen be the game (pc screen / tv screen etc) and peers screens (mobile/tablet) are the analog controllers. My kid thinks its pretty fun. Still ironing out the kinks though. But love the multiplayer plugin. Damn hard sometimes, but very cool.

I enjoyed your proccess... taught me a few things

• DUTOIT So you are telling me not to post and be active on scirra?

Well that's not the first time that you have been asked to be more considerate about your posting, right ?

Now you are catching a glimpse at the image of yourself you are sending to other members with your relentless and sometime thoughtless posts.

A young fiery guy who does not take the time to think through before posting. That's not the first time you've been warned about it, now deal with it.

By the way this topic is in the open topic forum so I can post anything I want but ofcourse keeping it civil as it says. If it is an open topic I can make topics for "What is your fave color" and I shouldn't be judged.

You'll be judged. Open topic doesn't mean "I can post anything for the sole purpose of posting".

As always, keep it considerate. TO be fair if I see a "Your fave color" topic by you, I'll delete it. Because first, you'll likely be the only one to have posted in it. And second, it makes nothing but bringing noise to the forums. Forums which don't need that. And you've already been told about this as well in the past.

What about doing a bit of research on subjects before posting about them Naji ?

That's not the first time I have to tell you this either by the way. I must admit I'm really getting tired of your act. I'd appreciate if you could grow up a bit.

I know you're young, but damn when I was your age I hadn't the wealth of informations the internet now is. You do. Make use of it !

When I did not know a word I had to open a big book called "dictionary" to look definitions into it.

On the internet, there are translation tools that can provide you the answer in a matter of seconds it takes you to input the keyword.

USE THE TOOLS AT YOUR DISPOSAL ! Search engines, online dictionaries, translation tools, wealth of documentation about actual computers stuff...

And to get back on the initial subject.

How fun would it be if I were to go to your lightbulb studio page and change your logo with a picture of a naked man ? Huh, I guess you wouldn't laugh at it.

So now you have your answer about letting anyone modify anything on the net without the single bit of control over it.

People are responsible for what they put online, there is a reason for it. And as responsible for this content, it shouldn't be possibly modified by someone else without consent or they knowing about it.

• as Always sorry Guys, I sometimes post nonsense when I'm excited about something

I have posted this topic because I've lately learned HTML + CSS Languages so since it was in my goal list and I have achieved it, I got excited that I can modify pages and mess with them!

as for DUTOIT I respect your post and sorry if I have annoyed you.

as for Kyatric , The reason is above. I'm trying to stand out and want people to know me more.

• I'm trying to stand out and want people to know me more.

I actually felt sorry for you because people know you the wrong way because of what you did.

Well anybody can start over, so if you think helping out people technically is too much undertaking for you, there's always another way. Since you want to be a better presence in the forum, I would like to suggest you take a playtester role in the forum. Play games that the community has produced, play it hard, gives constructive feedbacks and review(I've seen you're doing this, do it more!). One thing I noticed in this forum is the lack of playtester who really plays it hard, we rarely have anybody under 18 who has a lot of free time at disposal, this should be your thing instead of random posts! Honest feedback on games and constructive review is one of the thing you can do to contribute "quality"content. Cheers!

• I'm trying to stand out and want people to know me more.

How do you want people to know you?

Youngest Professional Indie Game developer, who is a wizzkid and genius at construct2. He has a depth of knowledge that surpasses people double his age, etc etc etc

Or

Forum clown, his posts about everything but never says anything... because if your posts have no VALUE, then they are not worth being read, and if they are not worth being read, and people feel they can't gain anything of value from your posts this is what happens.

[attachment=0:jamhrram][/attachment:jamhrram]

I've told you: If you want to be a professional Indie Game developer, then you have to act like one. If you want people to know you, then you must make sure that everything YOU show them, is the you, you want them to see.

You act/behave like a kid. And guess what you are a kid. If you want to be a kid - then be one, enjoy your time as one. BUT, if you want to be a professional indie developer, then you have to have the heart of a kid, but appear like a professional indie game developer.

How does a young kid, change how others view him? He changes what is inside. The best way, the only way I know is to read. Read. READ.

[quote:jamhrram]You are the same today as you'll be in five years except for two things, the people you meet, and the books you read

I used to read a book a day (that is 250pages a day, everyday). I did it for around 2 years. I challenge you do the same.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)