webcam obj

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:20 pm

The source for the webcam object is unavailable, and I don't have direct access to a webcam to do any testing. You can try using python to access the webcam.

This one looks pretty good:
[url:1449gb3e]http://videocapture.sourceforge.net/[/url:1449gb3e]
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:40 am

Im not a programmer, its for that i use MMF2 and scirra...so scripting for me its not interresting..is for that im surprised this webcam obj is in this softare but that cant work with laptops webcam.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:56 am

Since this is FREE software you can't expect immediate resolution to every obj that isn't fully supported across all hardware platforms. Maybe it is something unique about your webcam and the only way to troubleshoot it is to buy your laptop model or similar with exact webcam. Who here is going to pay $500+ dollars to get your laptop and test?

Thus Python is a good workaround. And it is pretty easy, and you would gain a new skill. So I'd recommend given it a go.

I do have a webcam in my computer, but am currently working on a Network plugin so I wouldn't be able to even start on anything for a couple months. Since we've only had one request I think for now Python is your best bet...as I don't feel there is a big demand right now for an update.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 pm

As Scidave said, but also, laptops ALWAYS break standards with webcams. It literally is the webcam developers fault as any other external webcam will most likely work with Construct. It'd be better if they wrote new drivers than if the webcam object was programmed to work with each individual model/standard of integrated webcams. Then everybody would conform to the agreed standards!
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 pm

I've been meaning to get around to using Python. I hate to take this slightly off-topic, but if you use Python in one of your games, does the user have to have Python installed on his computer in order to play your .exe game?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:26 pm

[quote="MrMiller":l7qv64zc]I've been meaning to get around to using Python. I hate to take this slightly off-topic, but if you use Python in one of your games, does the user have to have Python installed on his computer in order to play your .exe game?[/quote:l7qv64zc]

Nope, you just need to distribute the Python26.dll with your exe. In the export settings you can enable python, then tell it to copy the dll to the export directory. I think you also need to choose any python modules you use in your project.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Sweet. Thanks Jayjay!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:28 pm

hi i'm needing the webcam obj too, but some one can tellme how to use that python solution proposed before, so, how i may call that video capture module from CC for take snapshots in my games...
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic