WebGl broken with newest Firefox?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • Subject says it all. Anyone else experiencing issues with this? Both with 32 and 64bit.

• Subject says it all. Anyone else experiencing issues with this? Both with 32 and 64bit.

Actually, just re-checked and it is broken. Stupid Mozilla!

• Check that it's enabled.

about:config

• newt I set everything with webgl in the name to "true". Still doesn't work.

• It's enabled.

My card can't be blacklisted either as it's up to date on drivers and is a GTX 970.

Forcing enabled to true also has no effect.

*uninstall and risk security issues....hmmm. I categorically refuse to install chrome!

**Edit

WebGL works in latest nightly build but shaders are totally foobar'd

• Just installed Firefox 64, webgl, works fine.

It won't work on Edge on my pc cause Amd, and Microsoft are lazy/greedy(take your pick) bastards, but ehh 2 out of three aint bad.

• Just installed Firefox 64, webgl, works fine.

It won't work on Edge on my pc cause Amd, and Microsoft are lazy/greedy(take your pick) bastards, but ehh 2 out of three aint bad.

What are you using to test? Does System/Renderer show as WebGL?

• Did the C2 shadow object template.

I have soft penumbras.

• No problem here, FireFox 32Bit, Windows 7 64Bit.

But the CPU usage is extem high against chrome. Chrome 0-1%, FF 8-11%.

• Weird time.

Reinstalled latest Nvidia driver and WebGL is back.

*walks off grumbling "....stupid computers....."

• That must be the first time updating the GPU driver actually fixed the problem... False alarm I guess.

• That must be the first time updating the GPU driver actually fixed the problem... False alarm I guess.

Depending what you install, drivers - both system and GPU - can get corrupted from time to time. I should know better after the amount of time I've worked in IT :/

*Grumbles "....stupid old man...."

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • WebGL works fine for me on latest Firefox stable (v43) and Nightly on an nVidia GeForce GTX 660.

Browser makers regularly update their GPU blacklists as they find out about more issues - it might be that your driver/hardware was added to the blacklist for this version. Also sometimes there are mistakes and more devices are blacklisted than they intended, so it could be that. IIRC, they can update the blacklist separately to doing a full browser release.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)